Chapman MFA

ElleGee

Supporting Member
Yeah I imagine so.

I do feel like it's a little skeevy of them to send you the acceptance letter, ask for a $1,000 deposit, but not give you any financial aid information right away.
Agree! I kind of feel like I’m in limbo lol.

Tugger

Supporting Member
Yeah I imagine so.

I do feel like it's a little skeevy of them to send you the acceptance letter, ask for a $1,000 deposit, but not give you any financial aid information right away.
Well you would have found out 2 days after the acceptance if you got any awards... otherwise, from my understanding, they'll recommend you taking out 70,000 a year.

Edit: Though I guess it could be possible you would be denied financial aid from the gov.'t? Not sure about that one...

ElleGee

Supporting Member
Well you would have found out 2 days after the acceptance if you got any awards... otherwise, from my understanding, they'll recommend you taking out 70,000 a year.

Edit: Though I guess it could be possible you would be denied financial aid from the gov.'t? Not sure about that one...
Yeah, I’m on a waitlist for awards. They told me yesterday. 😑

ElleGee

Supporting Member
Dang that's frustrating. That would feel like limbo.
That’s exactly what it feels like lol. I’ve already come to terms with the loans. But having a scholarship or fellowship to offset that some would be great lol.

kid_a2

Basically the entire United States higher education system is built on a shaky foundation of loans and financial aid, that's how we've created this "bubble" that continues to grow, so I doubt the government would deny a combination of aid/loans ;)

Tugger

Supporting Member
Basically the entire United States higher education system is built on a shaky foundation of loans and financial aid, that's how we've created this "bubble" that continues to grow, so I doubt the government would deny a combination of aid/loans ;)
Eventually as college gets more expensive and more defaulted loans... that bubble will pop. 😳

Tugger

Supporting Member
@kid_a2 are you on the facebook group yet? I assume not because they have a poll of what emphasis everyone is in and I'm the only cinematography one and there's none yet in the directing.

kid_a2

@kid_a2 are you on the facebook group yet? I assume not because they have a poll of what emphasis everyone is in and I'm the only cinematography one and there's none yet in the directing.
No, I have read about its existence here but it seemed people were having trouble accessing it. I never received any sort of email/notification that the others have gotten with the invitation either. 🤔

ElleGee

Supporting Member
No, I have read about its existence here but it seemed people were having trouble accessing it. I never received any sort of email/notification that the others have gotten with the invitation either. 🤔
I was curious about it too. Hadn’t received anything about it either.

Tugger

Supporting Member
Yeah it was a HASSLE to get into. There's only 19 in there currently and about 5 are admission/current students. Be nice if it was easier to join...

alanray

Yeah it was a HASSLE to get into. There's only 19 in there currently and about 5 are admission/current students. Be nice if it was easier to join...
Yeah I've tried everything and still haven't been able to join it :/ I don't need it for housing but it would still be nice to be in it lol

Latest Applications

Latest reviews