Chapman Production Design - Creative Resume Examples?

pkring

Hey there, I'm considering applying to the production design MFA, but I'm feeling a bit confused about what to include on my creative resume.

I have not worked in TV/Film besides two PA gigs. My educational background is in fine art (printmaking, painting, public art), and design at a liberal arts college, but I've worked in marketing (in an editorial/writing capacity) since graduating (about 5 years ago). I am not worried about the design portfolio as I have plenty of work to include, but when it comes to the creative resume, I feel a bit more stuck. A list of "activities that demonstrates your creative or scholarly potential in your area of chosen specialization focusing on creative accomplishments" sounds like they want degree-specific work examples, yet they say they like well-rounded candidates and consider people without undergraduate film concentrations.

Can anyone give me examples of what your entries looked like for your creative resume?

Hi, I applied to Chapman last year and was accepted into their Production Design program. I come from an interior design and scenic design background so I included some of my work from those experiences since I did not have any experience in film.

For the creative resume, I made it coincide with the projects I included in my portfolio. In my portfolio, I included floorplans, elevations, and renderings of different projects. In the creative resume, broke up each project I included in my portfolio. First I wrote the title of that project, my position which I was the lead designer, I then included when I worked on the project and who it was for (company or a school), and then I included a quick description of the project which I talked about my role, the requirements I had to follow and the programs I used within the project which were AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, and Photoshop.

Hope this helps! I was also confused about the creative resume during my application process because the example on their website is for a job in a film. But since I got accepted I am assuming I probably did it correctly. If you have questions you could also ask the Director of Production Design at Chapman his name is John Chichester.

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications