Chapman Undergraduate Film Production Fall 2010

Hey,

I got my admission letter yesterday, but I got accepted into NYU in December (Early Decision), so that's where I will be going - I'm turning Chapman down...

Thats cool. I just noticed you are from Haifa too, thats awesome. I live in Arizona but I'm half Israeli alot of my family lives in Eilat, Jerusalem, and Tel-Aviv. Congrats on getting into NYU, you have a youtube page or somthing?

Yeah I do heres the link...check out the first 3 films I have on my profile.The first is a 30 second film based on the idea of introspection I created for a competition won 1st place. The second is my chapman video essay the third is a short story I created and won Best High School Drama at the International Student Film Festival in Hollywood. Let me know what you think? OR if anyone wants to comment back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DJDeenDeen#p/u

Also, Ani ohev video atah, chapman veh "Maybe". Zeh tov mehod. Ani medaber ivreit ktssat slicha haha. Veh yesh laxem ulai facebook? Let me know I'd like to stay in touch and network you are very talented.

Lehitraot.

my name is sam or shmuel by the way haha.

Hehe, that's awesome man. A little shaky on the grammar, but good job overall! :) I haven't checked out the vids yet but I will, today or tomorrow. Glad you liked mine!

Anyway, I sent you a private message with contact info. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sam, hope you get into Chapman (as well as everyone else as well). I looked at your YouTube profile, and I know some people that went to your high school... we probably have some mutual friends.

If you do decide on Chapman, feel free to contact me. I bet you'd be a good potential brother in Sigma Alpha Mu.

Hey thanks man. but actually I didnt get into chapman unfortunatly so I think im probly gona stay in state for a year then try to transfer in.

samdeen, they are all great videos that you made. i wonder why chapman turned you down? your chapman video is totally what i had in my mind. although i would have done it a bit differently. But it was great great work.

Hey baba, thanks for the feedback on my vid. The song was Erik Satie: Gymnopedie No. 1. and the reason i didn't apply to NYU was because it's a little to far for me, i'd rather be in california.

Originally posted by baba3288:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monotreme:
Oh hey man, that's awesome! Cool :)

I do, actually, though it doesn't have too many videos on it...:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MonotremeFilms

How about yourself? Anything on YouTube?

hey man, your video was awesome. what's the song in it? by the way, why opt for NYU? is it personal or simply a matter of taste? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baba, glad you liked the video :) If you're referring to the Chapman application video, the song is "Fluorescent Adolescent" by the Arctic Monkeys. The other videos on my channel have original songs.

During the application process, NYU was always my first choice school. I just got the best impression of its program, in terms of level of studies, prestige, and opportunities. Plus, the New York location (over Orange County) was definitely a deciding factor. So I guess you could say it was a matter of taste - I was just more attracted to NYU's program than Chapman's. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back