1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

Chapman University Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Operator, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +57
    Anyone here apply for Chapman University? The deadline was December 1st, but I spoke to them today and they said I can still apply. I applied to the MFA in Television Writing and Producing.

2. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +347
    I did! - MFA Production - Directing. Waiting anxiously to see what happens next. I submitted Dec 1st and they watched some of my content before winter break.

They're a conservatory program so like AFI, they are sometimes flexible with their deadlines. And I have to say, I'm very impressed by how affordable Chapman is too (compared to other private schools especially).

3. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +57
    True, but if you wanna see cheap tuition check out U of Central Arkansas they have an MFA in Digital Filmmaking that is about $12k per year for out of state students. March 1st is their deadline.

4. IndecisiveElle

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +347
    I saw your post on the program a while back. Sounds interesting but it's not for me. Thanks though!

5. snoopdog

snoopdog New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I applied to MFA Production - Directing as well and was just wondering how you know they watched some of your content before winter break? Did they tell you or were you able to see this on the application portal? Just curious :)

Also, does Chapman have an interview round?

6. IndecisiveElle

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Yes they do interviews. Based on the tracking sheets of previous years where on the forums, they start sending invitations for interviews around now but they seem to be rolling so you could hear at anytime. Doesn't look like anyone is ever admitted without an interview, at least for Directing.

I have Vimeo Pro so I get statistics about when and where my videos are viewed. I also submitted different links to each school I applied to so i can track if they're being viewed. I do the same things for film festivals when I can.

7. civetta

civetta New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think that the Screenwriting program doesn't require an interview. Maybe it's different for the Film Production program.

• Like Like x 1