Columbia 2021 MFA Screenwriting/Directing Applicants

mcama

After doing some counting and looking through the tracker and this post.

It appears 27 people here have been interviewed or will be interviewed for Directing/Screenwriting. Not sure how that plays for the odds as we don't know how many deferrals there are. Also no way of knowing how many people that aren't here have applied.

But, figured it may help some put things into perspective.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

It appears 27 people here have been interviewed or will be interviewed for Directing/Screenwriting. Not sure how that plays for the odds as we don't know how many deferrals there are. Also no way of knowing how many people that aren't here have applied.

friends fail GIF

runningupthathill

Supporter

Love how neurotic we all are on this forum. We'll be in good company with each other in the fall, haha

svgis

Supporter

How many students does the program take total? Like 30?

And as far as the thank you note I just emailed them directly.

Bergmanbaby

Supporter+
How many students does the program take total? Like 30?

And as far as the thank you note I just emailed them directly.
They take 48 for screenwriting/directing. I’m assuming they hope for an even number declaring their concentration at the end of the first year?

mcama

They take 48 for screenwriting/directing. I’m assuming they hope for an even number declaring their concentration at the end of the first year?

I was told 50, but could be 48.

That said the deferral number appears to be anywhere from 15-20.

Let's say it's 50 and 20 deferrals, odds look promising based on total interviews here. But, I am sure we do not account for every interview.

Monocled

Hello, what's good everybody?

Was looking for Columbia University 2021 MFA Creative Producing thread, any idea if there is one or is this it?

anniewaits

Geek who loves travel, corgis and food.
Supporter+
Thank you for sharing, Annie! Did they tell how they are thinking the next semester, considering the actual COVID situation? Do you know if it will gonna continue to be online?
They said most likely it will be online but they hope to resume in-school participation next year. The bottom line was -- they took the safety for everyone seriously and will not make a move until it is deemed safe by experts and the like. Something like that. IMHO, depending on how the summer of vaccination goes, the earliest could be this fall. However, we are at the mercy of others and we may set ourselves back another year...who knows at this point? HTH!

Nathalie Granger

They said most likely it will be online but they hope to resume in-school participation next year. The bottom line was -- they took the safety for everyone seriously and will not make a move until it is deemed safe by experts and the like. Something like that. IMHO, depending on how the summer of vaccination goes, the earliest could be this fall. However, we are at the mercy of others and we may set ourselves back another year...who knows at this point? HTH!
Thank you so much for the answer! Let's hold on hope!

Bergmanbaby

Supporter+
I was told 50, but could be 48.

That said the deferral number appears to be anywhere from 15-20.

Let's say it's 50 and 20 deferrals, odds look promising based on total interviews here. But, I am sure we do not account for every interview.
I feel you! I interviewed today and hardly slept last night/had a panic attack yesterday!! But they were so nice and patient! You’ve got this!!
Who did you have?

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Data, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience data, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Data tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications