Columbia Fall 2010

nyny4282

alcohol, check.

i quit smoking almost 3 years ago. but if i still smoked, i'd be burning through packs right about now.

znznzn.11

Originally posted by New2you:
Just got a letter from Columbia... waitlisted. And not high waitlist, mind you. So I guess I get to wait around until August. For all of you accepted people who are not going, or high waitlist people who are going somewhere else, please let Columbia know as soon as you can. I can't take all this waiting, I'm gonna have an aneurism.
I'm also on the waitinglist and not "high" either... do you know is there any one who on the "waitinglist" got in last year? good luck for both of us:)~~

Last edited by a moderator:

New2you

I've heard of at least one, but I'm not holding out much hope. I got into NYU Singapore. So now I'm trying to decide if I should just go there, or wait for a spot at Columbia. If I do wait for Columbia I have to be willing to probably have to try again next year, as I more than likely will not be accepted. It's a tough decision, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out the logistics of moving to Singapore.

New2you

I was wondering if someone who got an acceptance package can post the date by which you have to send in your decision, this way us waitlisters will know when we might start hearing something.

jojo

Brendonb - Hey, first congrats on getting into columbia. Second. I just wanted to say I checked out your blog and the first thing I saw was that badlands was one of your favorite movies. I absolutely love that movie. It basically is what made me want to get into this whole business. Anyway, I'm also a fan of Rothstein as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the fall, I think we may have similar tastes.

Goodluck

Silverlenz

Originally posted by brendonb:
Me too.
Congrats on getting in BrendonB. That makes 4/4. Maybe you should try out for the Spurs. How's your jump shot? So have you decided if you're accepting the invitation?

SilverLenz

Last edited by a moderator:

jojo

Does anyone who has been accepted and sent in their 800 dollar deposit already know what the next step in this process is? I haven't heard anything In a while and I was wondering. Do we just sit and wait until the fall or have you guys heard something?

Thanks

glencoco

jojo: i called admissions and they said we should get an email soon about activating our UNI/email. but you can also go directly to uni.columbia.edu and follow the steps there. i think we'll also get more info in the summer regarding orientation.

Kalie14

Hey guys! I am a first year MFA student at Columbia right now and will be one of the three orientation leaders in the fall. I am sure you're all anxious to know what's next...I know I was this time last year...and so I just wanted to let you all know that soon we'll begin the orientation process by creating a google group and facebook group, plus there will be opportunities this summer to start meeting one another, help out on student shoots, get to know New York City a bit, etc. If you have any burning questions, you can email me at watch.kalie@gmail.com and I'll do my best to help! But otherwise, please just stand by and I, along with the two other orientation leaders, will be bombarding you with emails very soon! Looking forward to meeting you all in August!

Best,
Kalie Watch
MFA Candidate - Producing

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21