Columbia Fall 2010

i have heard that if you don't get an interview, don't count on acceptance or waitlist. congrats on usc though!

i live in bklyn and havent gotten letter yet but i feel like i'm gonna get it today. i'm guessing rejection letter.

sorry to everyone who got rejected. just remember that film school doesn't guaranteee you make great films. i'll probably post on here when i get mine. this has become my anxiety/waiting community...

Got my rejection today.... Glad to finally know. Now I just need to hear from Chapaman before I make my decision. Good luck to everyone else

SilverLenz

Sorry to hear that Youthquake. I'm just so surprised that it took this long. Especially since their deadline was Dec 1st.

SilverLenz

IP- I still haven't gotten my packet yet either, but I called in to the number they provided and was able to get my Student ID# from the guy who answered.

Does anyone think it's strange that still (it's april 6th) only a few people (maybe 10) have posted that they have been called and accepted to Columbia? Maybe they have still only called a few people? Maybe we have lurkers? Maybe something else? Anyone have any ideas? (I myself did get the acceptance call, I was just wondering about that)

I'm still thinking that some people will receive acceptance notifications by mail only. So in the next few days, we could hear that some more people got in.

Hey guys,

My roommate, who replied to columbia but wasn't interviewed, received his rejection letter over the weekend.

I was interviewed and have not heard anything either way. Has anyone that was interviewed for directing rejected/accepted by mail yet?

EMDelMar- I dunno if this helps but I was accepted by phone and e-mail. Haven't got the package yet. But I have a feeling that Robert and Titus are right and more people will get accepted solely through mail. Good Luck

Does anyone know if we get to pick our class times the first semester or if they're just assigned to us?

What are the first semester classes, anyway?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back