Columbia Film MFA, Fall 2020 Application

Le petit lapin

I also emailed the admissions office and just received a message that my application is still under review and I should expect to hear back any time from this week-middle of April.
Hey! May I ask when you interviewed? Was about to call and check up on the status of my application as well.

ams2020

For those who have been accepted was there a date on your acceptance letter on which you need to reply with a decision. I'm curious as I am still waiting to hear. Thanks!

songbird013

For those who have been accepted was there a date on your acceptance letter on which you need to reply with a decision. I'm curious as I am still waiting to hear. Thanks!
I think the date is later for screenwriting/directing, but for creative producing students the deadline to accept is April 15th.

maricristimar

NYU
Hey, guys, I believe the deadline for committing to the directing/screenwriting program is around April 28 or someone around the end of April.

Holly.A

While you’re waiting, the BEST piece of advice I received this semester from Maureen Ryan is have a skill.

Of course you’re not going to Columbia to learn how to be a sound mixer or an editor, but having those skills:

1. Will help and your peers in the program.
2. Pay the bills if a script isn’t selling.
3. Keeps your foot in the door.

Her book “Producer to Producer” is a great book to review before her class your 2nd semester.

amar41

Supporting Member
has anyone heard about rejections / waitlists yet?
Still nothing. I'm surprised it's taking so long to get all the decisions out but considering how dispersed the admissions office likely is at this time it makes sense

A_J

Supporting Member
AFI
I just got waitlisted! I honestly didn't think my interview went that well so I'll take it!

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21