• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Columbia Film MFA, Fall 2020 Application

emmk

are those who have been taken off the WL being contacted via call first and then email, or one or the other? i'm concerned as i haven't been in the country since april due to covid, and my phone can't be reached unless i roam. would appreciate any input! (also tysm to everyone who has provided info thus far!)

qsjourney

are those who have been taken off the WL being contacted via call first and then email, or one or the other? i'm concerned as i haven't been in the country since april due to covid, and my phone can't be reached unless i roam. would appreciate any input! (also tysm to everyone who has provided info thus far!)

Not taken off the WL but also international here. They first called me and I didn't pick up. When they couldn't reach me, they sent me an email asking me to call them. I imagined the process is the same. I wouldn't worry about it!

emmk

Not taken off the WL but also international here. They first called me and I didn't pick up. When they couldn't reach me, they sent me an email asking me to call them. I imagined the process is the same. I wouldn't worry about it!
amazing, tysm for the input i really appreciate it :)

I found out today that I got accepted off the waitlist for directing with a scholarship. Is anyone in the same boat or knows more information about tuition costs for 2020? I'm very concerned about the price point. Even with the scholarship, it's still a ridiculous amount.
did you accept? do you know how many others are on the WL?

qsjourney

amazing, tysm for the input i really appreciate it :)

You're very welcome :) Happy to help.

did you accept? do you know how many others are on the WL?

I don't know if they'll share this kind of info, but I'm sure they are still admitting people off the WL at the moment.

I know that when they first called to notify accepted students they would ask people on the phone if they would attend the program this year because they were compiling the waitlist. But back then (early or mid-March) everyone thought the fall semester would be in-person. Situation changed, therefore many students, myself included, decided to defer even though we initially answered yes to the question. So they are admitting many people off the WL in order to maintain the class size.

You're very welcome :) Happy to help.

I don't know if they'll share this kind of info, but I'm sure they are still admitting people off the WL at the moment.

I know that when they first called to notify accepted students they would ask people on the phone if they would attend the program this year because they were compiling the waitlist. But back then (early or mid-March) everyone thought the fall semester would be in-person. Situation changed, therefore many students, myself included, decided to defer even though we initially answered yes to the question. So they are admitting many people off the WL in order to maintain the class size.
thank you - very nice of you to reply - have a great day!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom