Columbia Film MFA, Fall 2020 Application

truffleshuffle

NYU
USC
Yeah, I applied to Creative Producing and got my email/interview invite yesterday, too. Interview isn't til March. But it didn't say anything anywhere about who would be interviewing me, so I'm curious about that too.
If you want to dig for it, in previous years' threads I think they discuss it.

amar41

Supporting Member
Yeah, I applied to Creative Producing and got my email/interview invite yesterday, too. Interview isn't til March. But it didn't say anything anywhere about who would be interviewing me, so I'm curious about that too.
When I was interviewed last year I didn't find out who was interviewing me until I arrived on the day.

truffleshuffle

NYU
USC
is everyone notified on the same day?
According to application data on this website, it seems that everyone was notified of an interview within 1 day of each other in recent years. Since we got it late on a Friday, I'm guessing the latest one might hear of an interview would be Monday or Tuesday.

dkimg21

Supporting Member
UCLA
Hi all! I actually got an interview offer yesterday as well, around the afternoon. I'm scheduled later in the month, but, from the looks of it, a lot of the available times were already taken.
Good luck to everyone!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
While you wait for more info.... Weigh in on your picks for tonight in this thread:

:)

And get that Oscars bingo card. 🤣

Does anyone know how long after the interview do they notify you? also, anyone know how many people they are interviewing?
thank you!

Sastre

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if Columbia provides any funding for school films? AFI, for instance, provides $4,700 for each Cycle film (so that's 3 times in the first year) and $13,000 for each Thesis film.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1