I noticed there wasn't a thread for this, so I made one. How is everyone doing?
Thanks for creating this!

Here's our current admissions statistics and accepted demographics (in link below):

Columbia University's School of the Arts Acceptance Rate (All Programs/All Years)
31%
Admitted
142  out of   457   Admitted
21%
Waitlisted
95  out of   457   Waitlisted
48%
Not Admitted
220  out of   457  Not Admitted
Admitted
Waitlisted
Not Admitted

Columbia University's School of the Arts

Columbia University's School of the Arts

In 2022, Columbia University SOA was ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the no. 6 best global university. Its Bachelor of Arts in Film and Media Studies Program combines film studies with hands-on filmmaking laboratories. Alumni include director Anna Boden (Captain Marvel, Half Nelson) and...

Also here's our guide to Columbia:

Columbia University: How to Apply for 2024, Acceptance Rate, and What To Expect as a Columbia Film Student

Columbia University: How to Apply for 2024, Acceptance Rate, and What To Expect as a Columbia Film Student

At Columbia University School of the Arts, film is approached as storytelling in motion. Filmmakers learn future-forward visual and narrative filmmaking techniques while mastering the technicalities and business aspects of the industry. In 2023, The Hollywood Reporter also ranked the ivy league...

Also we interview Columbia's admissions department and that interview should be released probably sometime next month. I'm really looking forward to that. Apparently it was a very good and informative one according to @Alexa P. . :)

Good luck everyone! Remember to log your applications in our database. :)

Good luck to everyone for getting your interview invitations! Does anyone know If for the Creative Producing program, they are sending out interview invitations on a rolling basis? Thank you! :)

Hey Isaac, congrats! Hoping I’ll also get one soon. If you don’t mind my asking, did you get your invitation via email? And when is your interview scheduled?
      thanks! Yes I got mine through email, they gave me some time slots to pick from, I scheduled the interview on the 14th. If I remembered correctly, the earliest available time slot was on the 9th. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing! Rooting for you, I really appreciate the info. Good luck and good news to us all here 💪🏽
      thanks! Yes I got mine through email, they gave me some time slots to pick from, I scheduled the interview on the 14th. If I remembered correctly, the earliest available time slot was on the 9th. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
      For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
      Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Current Student
        Degree: BA/BS/BFA
        Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
        UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
        UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
        • Anonymous
      • Syracuse University
        4.00 star(s)
        Concentration: Film
        Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
        I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
        • Anonymous
      • Fitchburg State University
        5.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
        A Great School with Great Professors!
        I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
        • Anonymous
      • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
        5.00 star(s)
        Degree: MA/MFA
        Concentration: Screenwriting
        Hidden Gem
        Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
        • catmom
      • AFI Conservatory
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Degree: MA/MFA
        Concentration: Screenwriting
        Be careful What You're Getting Yourself Into
        What's AFI best for? Students who had at least couple years of industry experience. I don't mean running around and shooting shorts with your...
        • Dean

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
      Articles
      Forums
      Film Schools
      Scholarships
      Back