1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

Columbia treatment

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Cynthia Atuhaire, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Cynthia Atuhaire

Cynthia Atuhaire Miss

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I kindly request for some advice from the people who were admitted to Columbia University about the film treatment. How did you manage to fit it into the one double spaced page as required? I've been cutting mine short to make it fit in the one page but its challenging.

2. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +54
    I just finished mine. It sucks that is has to be double spaced. What I did was divide it up into four sections.
    1) Logline
    2) Act 1
    3) Act 2
    4) Act 3

Other than the logline, I wrote about a paragraph for each act.

3. Zeno

Zeno Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Hey Operator,
    I was waitlisted for the Columbia Film MFA in writing/directing last year. Applying again this year. Be curious to know how much you recycled, if anything, from your portfolio last year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +54
    They let you use the same recommendation letters if it's only been a year. I had to update my transcripts since they changed since last time I applied. I changed my writing sample (the one that is up to 10 pages), I used my same autobio statement, the writing prompts are different this year as well. But I applied for Creative Producing.