Columbia University 2010

Silverlenz

Hey Guys,

I just submitted my Columbia University's application for the new Creative Producing MFA and it feels so good. Anyways, now I must wait and see what happens. Did anyone else on here decide to apply? Who here applied to the Directing/ Screenwriting track?

SilverLenz

Good Luck to you ragless. What track are you applying to? Are you applying anywhere else?

SilverLenz

Wow, there aren't many people on these boards applying to the new Creative Producing MFA. I wonder if Columbia will try and feel all of the spots because it's their first year of the program.

SilverLenz

I applied to the MFA program as a screenwriter. One of my rec's is from the professor who headed the screenwriting program there, so I'm hoping that will put me in the running.
Fingers crossed.

Hey, new here,

I applied to the Creative Producing program. I think I might die from waiting to hear from schools though, and it's barely December.

I also applied to the creative producing track Wyy123. I feel you pain. Would you mind sharing your background?

I'm from Mississippi, not exactly film central. I've been making films and writing screenplays since I was about 11 but I've loved movies for as long as I can remember. Most of my early memories are of watching films. My family isn't too big into me trying to be a filmmaker, but I'm finally going at it on my own. I got a BBA in Business Management and a BA in English this past May and I'll have an MBA by June.

I'm really just ready to wake up knowing that I get to learn about and make films. Is that what you were looking for in background or were you looking for something more film-ish?

That was perfect. Thanks for the introduction. You should check out the chatroom. Lately there has been a lot of traffic.

Take care.
Silverlenz

Hey guys I was wondering if any of your guys also applied to the MFA in Creative Producing? Also, I wanted to share this with you guys? I sent them and email today.

SilverLenz
------------

Notification of Application Receipt
You will not receive notification confirming receipt of your application, fee, or materials.

Three weeks after you have submitted your application to the Admissions Office, you may request a tracking number by emailing application-arts@columbia.edu. Please enter "Application ID Request" in the subject of the email and include your name, Social Security number (or date of birth), and the program and concentration to which you have applied.

After receiving your tracking number, you may use it to verify the materials we have received by visiting http://admissions.columbia.edu.

Applicants should note that due to the high volume of applications received, the School of the Arts cannot answer individual written or telephoned queries regarding the arrival of letters, application packets, recommendations, transcripts, or other materials.

Once an application has been submitted, no substitutions, alterations, or additions to portfolio materials can be accepted. Applicants should therefore make sure that all submissions included in the application packet are complete and final

Originally posted by Silverlenz:
Hey guys I was wondering if any of your guys also applied to the MFA in Creative Producing? Also, I wanted to share this with you guys? I sent them and email today.

SilverLenz
------------

Notification of Application Receipt
You will not receive notification confirming receipt of your application, fee, or materials.

Three weeks after you have submitted your application to the Admissions Office, you may request a tracking number by emailing application-arts@columbia.edu. Please enter "Application ID Request" in the subject of the email and include your name, Social Security number (or date of birth), and the program and concentration to which you have applied.

After receiving your tracking number, you may use it to verify the materials we have received by visiting http://admissions.columbia.edu.

Applicants should note that due to the high volume of applications received, the School of the Arts cannot answer individual written or telephoned queries regarding the arrival of letters, application packets, recommendations, transcripts, or other materials.

Once an application has been submitted, no substitutions, alterations, or additions to portfolio materials can be accepted. Applicants should therefore make sure that all submissions included in the application packet are complete and final

i've done this about a week ago but hasn't received anything from columbia... i'm just going to assume they haven't sent me anything because they were in their winter break.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I did the same thing and haven't received word yet. You're probably right.

SilverLenz

Jay,

What did you apply for at Columbia? How did you feel about your submissions?

SilverLenz

They just sent me an e-mail saying they have all my materials except for a recommendation. Scary! But at least I know they received the stuff...

When did you send the original email to admissions? I've sent two emails and haven't revieved a word. Are they going to allow you to send another recommendation letter? Are you nervous?

Silverlenz

I didn't send them a letter. They e-mailed me telling me that it was missing.

I'm not too nervous because the missing letter was from a Columbia film professor, so at least they know him!

Sorry about that. I thought you sent the same email that Silverlain and I sent in order to get a tracking number to track the progress of your application.

SilverLenz

Has anyone received their Application ID yet? It's been over a week since I requested mine and so far, no word. How long did it take before you heard from them?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back