1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

Columbia University MFA Fall 2019

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Operator, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +117
    That time of year again. Who's applying to Columbia U? Third time applying. This time I will be going for the Screenwriting concentration instead of Creative Producing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mitchomito

Mitchomito New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there! I will apply for the Creative Producing program. Do you know when the online application will be available?

3. Patrick Clement

Patrick Clement Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +191
    I'll be lurking around if anyone has questions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Operator

Operator Active Member

Top Poster Of Month

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Last year they opened in October. So you still have time. I applied last year and the year before for Creative Producing. The material was nearly identical except the writing prompt. So I'm sure you can go to past postings here and see what you should start getting ready. Contact the people you want to write your recommendations so they can be prepared. Columbia requires three letters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WriterK90

WriterK90 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm applying! I plan to work on USC and Columbia first since they are my top pics and very similar in the application process. I'm also going for the screenwriting MFA. I hope they post the prompt well before October.

:) Goodluck!

• Like Like x 1