Does anyone know how many applicants they interview vs how many they end up accepting?? I can't seem to find a clear answer online, but would really appreciate it!!! thanks!!!
They said they accept a total of 72people (24 for each discipline) in their online info session. I have no clue about how many they interview, but based on past spreadsheets and threads they seem to interview quite a huge portion of applicants in comparison to other schools.

Does anyone know how many applicants they interview vs how many they end up accepting?? I can't seem to find a clear answer online, but would really appreciate it!!! thanks!!!
If you're talking at creative producing, I think they interview around 75 and accept 25.

So this might be a really silly question but my anxiety about my interview tomorrow is making me a nervous wreck and would love your opinion...

I have my nose (nostril) pierced and usually wear a small hoop in it. should I put a stud in tomorrow for the interview? or will MFA professors not care?? is anyone in the same boat with facial jewelry???

[I feel like this should be the least of my concerns but I just can't turn my brain off but any words of advice will be immensely helpful!!!!]

So this might be a really silly question but my anxiety about my interview tomorrow is making me a nervous wreck and would love your opinion...

I have my nose (nostril) pierced and usually wear a small hoop in it. should I put a stud in tomorrow for the interview? or will MFA professors not care?? is anyone in the same boat with facial jewelry???

[I feel like this should be the least of my concerns but I just can't turn my brain off but any words of advice will be immensely helpful!!!!]
Usually I go with.... Do what will make you feel more comfortable. I have gone to job interviews with green dyed hair.
Being comfortable is the most important thing. And usually teacher of the arts are more open-minded

Just got the email. I was asked to interview for the CP program! Anyone going to the interview in person?

I also applied to the MBA/MFA at NYU. I know that for the MBA(STERN) they need to interview you in person. Do you think it is a good idea to contact NYU and ask about their process? It would be amazing to get to interview in both universities in person. Any thoughts?

FYI, I haven't heard from Stern yet, but the Tisch interviews will most likely be on Feb 21 and 22 according to their email. If you haven't booked your slot for Columbia yet, wouldn't hurt to choose a date close by so you don't travel twice :)

FYI, I haven't heard from Stern yet, but the Tisch interviews will most likely be on Feb 21 and 22 according to their email. If you haven't booked your slot for Columbia yet, wouldn't hurt to choose a date close by so you don't travel twice :)
I hope to hear soon from Stern and Tisch. The wait is killing me.

How is everyone feeling after their interviews? Mine is on 2/19 and I'm a nervous wreck! I'm researching and practicing my responses, but still nervous something will take me by surprise. Any advice on the questions I should prepare answers for?

Hey @Patrick Clement can you discuss how classes work? For example, how many classes do you take in your first and second semester? Also, I heard something about "blocks"....like having your classes during the "2-9 block" and films that are optional to watch on Sundays, but that will be discussed in your morning lecture. Can you expand upon this more?

I already read your discussion thread from last year about how much time you put into your week between classes and projects, but I was wondering the actual breakdown if you could relatively speak on it.

Thank you.

Anyone know what time in the day they usually send out interviews?
I received my email invitation for the Creative Producing Program at 4:45pm

I received my email invitation for the Creative Producing Program at 4:45pm
Thank you so much for giving me a time that I find it hard to stay up to! It's actually over 12:40 pm, the Beijing Time, due to the time difference... Can't stand the wait! I've been thinking of it the whole day... Hope I can fall asleep ASAP (⋟﹏⋞)...

I applied two times before this and got an interview both times...it was for creative producing tho :/ I’m nervous

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back