Community College then Transfer

yawnface86

Anybody else do this route?

If so, what community college from and to which film school?

I am trying to write gather one from each major university to start a book or something.

I already have FSU and USC, but if you are at either let me know.

I find it hard to believe that a community college will offer credits that are transferable to an art school. (usually the courses are very specific and unique)

However I was able to go that route because even though my school offers some artistic degrees, it is most definitely not an art school at all, and they require a lot of liberal arts/math/etc.
So I took two semesters at a community college to get econ/psych/english/etc classes out of the way.

Hard to believe? I am not sure what you mean. You graduate with an AA degree and completed 2 years of university teaching in other words your liberal studies which are the first 2 years of any major university. Then the 3rd and 4th year are at you BFA classes in which you focus on your major. I am doing this now.

At the majority of art schools liberal studies/general ed. courses are not part of the curriculum. Because of this, theres not much you can take at a community college that would be transferable to film school.

But many of the film schools are at major universities like NYU, FSU, USC, etc., where there is a strong general education component in the curriculum. I know you can transfer a large amount of credits into NYU to fulfill humanities and science requirements.

^^^

Does FSU have film school of more mainstrean system of filmmaking? Or it's independent based on?

I am just very curious about it.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
all of my credits are transferring including classes like cinematography lighting etc as well as algebra chemistry they replace other classes like physics. i am not sure where you guys are getting your information from... but from somebody who actually is doing it they do transfer into a public state university. you may want to research your opinion before jumping to conclusions, that exactly why i want to write this book.

Cine, fsu film school is an industrial style filmmaking. It is independent filmmaking completely paid for by the school to have people focus on the creative aspect. it follows rules of many guilds and is geared towards preparing you for experience you will have on the job. it is kinda like a boot camp for filmmakers who are going to move to la and need to have a reel.

Yeah, I just finished Highschool and I'm going to Oklahoma City Community College this fall. I can't wait. I hope to transfer to The University of Oklahoma.
Being in Oklahoma, film schools aren't exactly easy to come by. I probably wouldn't even go to film school but I have an OHLAP scholarship. It stands for Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program. I get free tuition to any Oklahoma school. If it's free I might as well take it right?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back