1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  2. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice

CSUN and SFSU: Good Schools for Film Production?

Discussion in 'Undergraduate Film School Discussions' started by Danial Khan, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Danial Khan

Danial Khan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have applied to NYU, LMU, CalArts, Syracuse and SCAD but because these universities are very expensive and I'll have to pay a big chunk of myself to afford the tuition, I am thinking of applying to relatively cheaper universities and I came through CSUN (California State University North ridge) and SFSU (San Francisco State University).

I need to know whether these are good colleges for Undergraduate Film and which is the better one in terms of academics, location, tuition etc.

Any information will be very helpful! :D

2. shuai

shuai Member

Ratings:
    +3
    SFSU seems good at film theory studies... That is all I know.

3. Alok NR

Alok NR New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Did you get accepted at SFSU ? DiD you choose SFSU over your other options? If yes could you tell me how the experiece there has been so far. If no pls share your reason to choose not to. I have been accepted to SFSU myself and its proving to be a little hard to get info on the sCHool.