'deleted'

Abbey Normal

Supporter+
I'm not sure what classes are available in the UK, but have you looked into UCLA? They offer a yearlong certificate program in Directing which you can do online.

If you don't want to commit to a yearlong program, there's also UCLA Extension classes that offer a wide range of classes online.

As for submitting for a September entry - that's entirely up to you. Personally, I think a month is a short window to put together a strong creative portfolio. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Best of luck!

hugofaraco

Supporter
Hey! You should check out what are the deadlines of the schools you want to apply to and make sure you hit those deadlines.
Also, each school requires different types of portfolio. Here in the US you can submit a photo series to some schools. For others they give you a theme and you have to shoot a 5 minute short film using the theme. So make sure you know the requirements for the schools you're applying and plan for that.

Regarding the portfolio, what kinds of films you want to make? Docs? Action? Drama? Make sure you pick something you love and have fun doing it. Also, I don't think renting a camera is necessary, shoot it with your phone. The schools want to see your creativity and potential.

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications