DePaul Screenwriting Comedy Concentration and The Harold Ramis Film School

hey, guys! i was looking into both of these options and i'm wondering... are these pretty much the same thing?

as far as i can tell, the harold ramis film school is a one-year program and doesn't offer a degree, while depaul is a 2-year master's program. but is what's being taught similar enough to where you can only enroll in one or the other? like, if i were to go to depaul, would the harold ramis film school be offering a lot of the same classes and therefore not be worth doing in addition to depaul?

i'm looking to take as many comedy classes as i can, and i'm hoping that if i were to go to depaul i could also attend the harold ramis film school. if not, i'm looking to just attend all of the second city classes i can!

would appreciate any information on this, or just info about either of these schools in general :)

Last edited:
Hi micjagguar, did not see any responses to your query. Where did you end up with this? Thanks
hey, rick! i will be going to the harold ramis film school; it seemed more along the lines of what i was looking for. :) it's more hands-on, collaborative, and personal than a university because of the small class size.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
hey, rick! i will be going to the harold ramis film school; it seemed more along the lines of what i was looking for. :) it's more hands-on, collaborative, and personal than a university because of the small class size.
How are you enjoying it?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews