Documentary Filmmaking Intensive - Oct/Nov 2019 (NYC)

TheEditCenter

Official School Representative
Hi all -

For those of you interested in filmmaking and production, The Edit Center is excited to invite you to our upcoming Oct/Nov Documentary Filmmaking Intensive. This unique hands-on workshop will teach you the practical skills you need to tell great nonfiction stories. If you’ve always wanted to make a documentary and didn’t know where to start, or if you’ve made a documentary and want to take your craft to the next level, this class is for you.

This interactive class focuses on three core skills for making great documentaries: how to film compelling interviews, how to capture dynamic real-life scenes, and how to shoot effective b-roll footage while making the most of your budget.

We're very excited to have both Adam Bolt and Alan Oxman as the instructors for this class - check out their bios below for more information!

The class will run over two weekends - October 26-27 & November 2-3.

ADAM BOLT
Adam Bolt is a Brooklyn-based documentary filmmaker. His credits include: editor and co-writer, Inside Job, 2011 Academy Award winner for Best Documentary; editor, writer, and senior producer of Showtime’s Emmy-award-winning documentary series "Years of Living Dangerously"; and editor and co-producer of The Recruiter (HBO), which won a Columbia duPont award for excellence in broadcast journalism in 2010. Most recently, he directed and produced the documentary Human Nature, which premiered at the 2019 SXSW Film Festival and will be showing on BBC Storyville later this year.

ALAN OXMAN
Alan Oxman is a documentary film producer and editor. He produced Children Underground (Academy Award Nominee for Best Documentary), Page One: Inside the New York Times (HBO Films), and The Punk Singer (Magnolia Films) and was post-production supervisor on Inside Job (Academy Award for Best Documentary 2011). His editing credits include Unzipped (Winner Audience Award for Best Documentary Sundance Film Festival), supervising editor for Control Room (Winner Best Documentary Full Frame film festival) and consulting editor for No End in Sight (Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary).

Find out more here: https://theeditcenter.com/ documentary-filmmaking- intensive

We'd love for you to join us!

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21