Edinburgh Short Film Festival 2020 Now Open For Entries!

The ESFF 2020 will be our tenth anniversary edition and we're celebrating with
extra screenings, more events, awards, trophies and parties!

Discount Codes available for student film-makers!

We're also holding International Short Film Showcases and Film Festival Partnerships
with Film Festivals across the globe. So, if you want to win one of our ESFF trophies and have your work featured at
film festivals internationally, submit your film to the ESFF today!

The Festival welcomes submissions from Scottish, UK and International filmmakers.

All genres will be considered. Maximum duration 25 minutes.

ESFF 2020 SUBMISSIONS

CALL FOR ENTRIES 2020 EARLY BIRD 5.png

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21