EICAR,FAMU,CECC BARCELONA AND PCFE IN PRAGUE,BRIGHTON FILM SCHOOL

lmbischof

MY SON IS LOOKING INTO FILM SCHOOLS IN EICAR FRANCE, PCFE, AND CECC IN BARCELONA. HAS ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THESE SCHOOLS. ALSO FAMU

I took an 6 week course at FAMU. GREAT for cinematography with some very good teachers there...also prague is a good city too be at.

I think MIR, a student on this boards, went to PCFE and said it was a bad experience..FAMU is Definitely a better place to be....but I might be wrong.

FAMU is the way to go. PCFE is a joke, its a scam designed to rip you off. Everything is much too pricy for the city of prague. Stay away from PCFE. I highly reccomend FAMU and would even go as far as calling it the best in Europe.

I also wanted to know if you could answer some of my questions Hoeks. 1. What's the average age in FAMU? 2. What kind of equipment do they have? 3. Do you get to film on DV, 16mm or something else?

mh I cant answer the average age...but they do have everything from DV to 35mm and you will shoot both DV and film there for sure.

Originally posted by MiR:
FAMU is the way to go. PCFE is a joke, its a scam designed to rip you off. Everything is much too pricy for the city of prague. Stay away from PCFE. I highly reccomend FAMU and would even go as far as calling it the best in Europe.

I wouldn't be too quick to bash PCFE as I know some people who went there and had a great time.

Prague does seem like an amazing city to study at.

Just to let you know - I did a month long workshop in the summer with PCFE and had the most fantastic experience, couldn't rate it highly enough. I don't know about the year long course - but: the equipment was excellent, teachers first rate and the course was very practical and intensive. Definitely would rate it, at least for the summer course

Eicar is extremly weak.

the very good filmschools in france are public and not private, the tutition fees are under 500 euros.

La Femis (Desplechin, Audiard, Claire Denis, Demy, etc...)
école Louis Lumieres (used to be 'rue vaugirard' in paris)

you have teachers and lecturers that are all internationally known, like Alain Bergala, Arnaud Desplechin etc...

they both have an international way to get accepted.

I also did a one month summer workshop at PCFE and I loved it. We only used DV but I learned a lot, loved the teachers, and would definitely recommend it to others.

I am currently in high school and over the summer I was on a trip in Eastern Europe and visited PCFE in Prague. It is a very small school. They have one large building with an equipment room and office type rooms downstairs. Upstairs there was one large room with computers for editing and also a room with a sound booth. They also had a room for screening movies. There is a small courtyard outside and another buliding which has a kitchen area with a cofee maker. Iwas lookinginto it for film school but have since discarded it, maybe I'll take a month course there sometime. The guy showing me around was really nice and while I was there a lot of students were editing. They also seemed older probably mid- 20s 30s.

I dont know too much of how good the program is, I do know they have a connection with a prop place to get whatever you want, they'll work out housing options with you, and it is right in the center of Prague. Really cool place to be, but you really have to be comitted, the Czech language is harsh to an englidh speaker, haha,

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back