Hey Guys, I am from Paris (transferring to UCLA or Chapman in Fall BA) and since I went back to France during covid I made contacts and got to work on 3 thesis films from Eicar in the past months as script supervisor and first AD.
I didn't do the school but made contacts in it. I might help if you had questions.
What can I say from my outside perspective:
- The international and french seems to not mix a lot (which is a shame) I would advise learning french to try to also work on French projects
- The school seems to focus way more on hands-on than story-telling (maybe a bad point if you wanna be a screenwriter, I met good and bad directors)
- seems to lack guys that are into sound (but the one I met are good)
- The technical skills of students was good to very good (better than most film schools)
- Students are complaining about getting faulty equipment from the shop (even if you get the very best Alexa, red)
- The location is a little outside of Paris.
If you have the budget, as a lifetime Parisian I advise you to take a studio or share an apartment inside center Paris close to the direct subway line instead of living in the suburbs. It's important that you nourish your mind with the culture Paris has to offer instead of only spending time on set.
- From the outside, the school seems worth it but you should know Paris is more enjoyable knowing French (or learning it of course)
Feel free to contact or ask more questions!
Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California.
Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
As far as application details / materials are concerned, the following documents were part of submission:
- A Personal Statement
- Portfolio of a few works done till date
- A Photography Portfolio ( Optional)
- Link to a project that you have worked on, in any capacity (DoP / Director /...
London Film School - MA Filmmaking
Oct 15, 2020
Interview Notification Date
Nov 22, 2020
Nov 25, 2020
Decision Notification Date
Dec 15, 2020
Become a Supporting Member
to see the GPAs, SAT scores, GRE scores, portfolios, etc...
that were submitted with this application. (If provided by applicant)
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs,
Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance
Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted
applicants, Age data, and other
acceptance statistics for your film program of choice
simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film
school's page in our
Film School Database.