Emerson Admission

Hey, I have an important question regarding Emerson College admission. The deadline for undergrads was Jan 5th. I mailed my application today, (Jan 5th) because when I tried to submit my online application earlier this morning, I got a message saying the deadline had passed. Do i still have a chance at admittance? thanks a lot.

titaniumdoughnut

Was it a received by, or postmarked by deadline? Either way, I'd guess that you're okay.

From the stories I've heard, most schools are slightly less persnickety about deadlines than they let on. Might want to pop an email off to let them know what happened though.

EfrenH

Congrats Alex!!!!!

hey, how good were your grades and stuff? You know...just to enlighten and maybe encourage some of us younger folk applying next year :).

Congrats though man. Was that your first choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
My grades are ok, about a 3.5 GPA and 1250 on the SATs, NYU is my first choice, i didnt mean to sound pompous initially, i was just kidding

EfrenH

LOL, everyone competes for the same position. Good luck to all of you. I'mma be going through all of that next year.

Cheers!

WOW JW u got a really great resume, nice presentation, Its nice to know that im going to film school with other "talented" peeps

Awrence of RI

good luck with NYU!!! I have to admit I am quite enrvous about getting in somewhere after early decision crushed my aspirations; I have some pretty tough schools. Its good to hear abotu people getting in though, especialyl since this has been a very difficult year for admissions

I will be sure when I weigh my options throughout april, but I'll contact you (JW) if i decide to go to emerson, are you gonna join an LC (learning community)?

Josh

I'm not sure yet. I got something in the mail about it but I haven't really looked at it yet. I'm about a week away from leaving the country for six months so I'm sort of preoccupied with that. If you decide to go definitely drop me an email as I'll be checking that more often that this forum while I'm away.

CP-Eric

I'm thinking of applying to Columbia College of Hollywood. I can't help but feel that going to school somewhere in Hollywood will improve my chances of meeting people and making connections. Alos, I have an internship at Chambers Productions this summer in Eugene, OR. It's gonna be wicked.

Dan Gross

Hey, is it true that Emerson doesn't require you submit your SAT scores if you've completed 2 years of college? If so, that is just wonderful...will greatly improve my chances of getting in next year, I'm sure...because like many of you, I'm also applying to NYU and Emerson after my time at UConn! :)

Oh, and also, I hear if you go to Emerson, you get to spend a semester doing film-related work in California...any truth to this rumor as well? If so, that is even more wonderful...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

titaniumdoughnut

They do indeed have amazing study-away programs including a semester in LA and a semester in a castle in the Netherlands.

If i decide to go there, i'm shooting for their Prague film study program

sam k

This year is a hard year for admissions?
Do you mean at emerson, or in general?
I'm a senior in high school and finished applying a couple of weeks ago.
I applied to emerson early action and got in, but I haven't heard from anyone else yet.
(like many others I applied to nyu)
If anyone has heard anything in general about how admissions are looking this year at film schools, I would like to know, because I applied to several of them (Emerson, nyu, usc, chapman, cal arts, ncsa).

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous