Degrees Offered
2 Year M.F.A.
Concentrations
Screenwriting
Yearly Tuition
$30k to $40k

DylanR

LMU
In reading about this program on the school's website, it seems like you meet up in person with other students and professors for a week at the beginning of the semester, then the rest of the program is online. Can anyone clarify that that is truly how they operate?

irickardow101

Chapman
In reading about this program on the school's website, it seems like you meet up in person with other students and professors for a week at the beginning of the semester, then the rest of the program is online. Can anyone clarify that that is truly how they operate?

Hey Dylan,

Yes. Emerson is a low-residency program which meets at the begging of each semester for about a week straight (very long, and intense hours). The fall semester meets in Boston, and the Spring semester meets in Los Angeles. The rest of the semester is to be completed online.

The program is intended to give you the flexibility to complete and internship, or work in the field while you are still in school.

Mdub_2013

AFI
USC
Didn’t apply for MFA but I’m an Emerson alumna if anyone has questions about the school in general ?

appleworker

I received admitted letter, unfortunately no scholarship, do you know how to pursue large scholarship at college? My financial situation is bad. I guess they are generous to new applicants, but I didn't be chosen(;

Last edited:

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21