marion06

I didn't get my acceptance letter in the mail today so I went to the LMU student portal to make sure everything was in order and of course there was a typo in my mailing address. I am so angry with myself right now!! I emailed Anna right away to let her know the situation but it's a Friday and the admissions office closes at 5pm... What do you guys think I should do?

LilyMunster

@TezcaJuan I think you are right ... Faculty review, combined with requirement that all first semester classes must be a B or above.

I'm so with you all regarding frustration over waiting for my packet ... I would really love all the details, financial aid info, etc. When Anna called me last week, she had said they would be sent out this week. Now it's Friday, and still haven't gotten anything. Maybe this afternoon or early next week, I guess ...

@jj45 From my understanding, LMU sent out the first batch of acceptances, and is waiting until we submit our deposits/confirm enrollment. After they count those numbers, if there are still spots open, they send out a second round of acceptances until they've reach their class capacity. So, yes, there's definitely still a chance for those still waiting!

Really? Well, it looks like I better prepare myself for yet another reject. I guess I should've known something was wrong since I submitted my application and other material way back in October to insure an early decision but haven't gotten any word back all these months later. I hate rejection.

Solomon_E

@jj45 From my understanding, LMU sent out the first batch of acceptances, and is waiting until we submit our deposits/confirm enrollment. After they count those numbers, if there are still spots open, they send out a second round of acceptances until they've reach their class capacity. So, yes, there's definitely still a chance for those still waiting!

That is my expectation and understanding of things as well.

@LilyMunster I'm in the same situation (waiting to hear a decision). I hope we hear something soon!

jj45

I just saw on another thread that LMU has sent out rejection letters in the mail.. So that may be something those of us who haven't heard should begin to expect :(

I really loved the idea of LMU as I begin my applications, although Chapman ultimately shifted above it on my list as I got into the process of applying (I received my chapman acceptance the other day, which I'm thrilled about) I was still hoping I'd get into both and be able to make a decision from there :(

Oh well, I guess all that's left is waiting for time to tell...

Anyone living in the US, do you know if mail is delivered over the weekend? haha

marion06

For those of us that will hopefully attend LMU next fall, once we know for sure we will we should stay in touch and maybe meet! Who knows we could be potential roommates in a few months!

Amanda

For those of us that will hopefully attend LMU next fall, once we know for sure we will we should stay in touch and maybe meet! Who knows we could be potential roommates in a few months!

Once people know, I can create a closed FB group for LMU MFA Class of 2019, like others have done in past years. I would just need someone to add me on FB, because creating a closed group requires a minimum of two members.

bvels

Got my official letter in the mail today. Anybody else have their's yet?

marion06

Are you guys willing to share any information about the letter? Nothing personal but maybe give us a general idea of what to expect when we finally get ours?
I'll probably get mine later than you guys because I messed up the mailing address ^^

bvels

Nothing crazy in it. Just congrats, you're in provisionally until you get a B in some prerequisite courses, here's info about picking classes, here's where you apply for financial aid, etc. Also a form to say if you're attending or not that needs to be mailed back by April 1.

TezcaJuan

@marion06 it's a pretty simple letter. It explains the provisional acceptance which is what @Amanda explained a few posts ago: we have to make Bs or above in our classes during our first semester to become formally admitted. We also have to submit final transcripts with posted degree before the semester starts.

We have to pay a $250 deposits by April 1st to confirm our decision to enroll. There is an additional form included for that.

There's information about orientation.

There is also some general information about how to check financial aid/apply for it.

Lastly, there are some graduate housing flyers.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews