Fall 2016 LMU MFAs

marion06

@Emdubs Nope, nothing yet on my side either. I do think that the financial aid package being made available on PROWL is linked to them received the $250 deposit stating our intent to attend LMU. I may be wrong but that's what would make the most sense for the package to not be available as of right now when we've been admitted for two weeks now.

lchenye

Is there any international students here? I was worried about the mailing since I lived at the other side of the world, but actually they just sent email with the digital copy of the official letter( even the housing flyer included). They probably will send it with some visa documents after I committee.

PS: I found the email in the Spam in gmail, so keep checking :)

marion06

So I emailed the financial aid office a couple days ago and got a reply this morning: "Committing to the university will not expedite your award package. Graduate awards will become available in April." Not only was I wrong but it's making me even more nervous now. When in April? Beginning of the month? End of the month? *sigh* Universities are definitely not making it easy for us applicants.

LilyMunster

Got my LMU rejection today. I thought I would be more disappointed. It's okay, I guess, still hurts though. You really don't need an mfa to get into the film industry.

IndecisiveElle

FilmSchool.org Writer
Supporting Member
Still no snail mail rejection for me. I think I would have gotten one by now? Even in Michigan if they were mailed last week. I emailed the program's general email and Anna got back to me right away. There are still applications being reviewed it seems.

"We are still reviewing applications, a few rejections and acceptances have gone out but the committee is still reviewing. Please hang in there and you will hear from us by April."

So hurry up and decide if you're going guys ;)

marion06

@IndecisiveElle Like I mentioned above, the financial aid office told me that financial aid packages will be sent out in April with no other detail as to when in April more specifically... I know that for me--and probably most other admitted students--our final decision will be made once we get those as well as notifications from other programs. Trust me, I know how difficult the wait is, I am myself waiting to hear back for other schools and it is nerve-racking. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will work out :)

Well, I sent my deposit over the weekend. I've pretty much made the decision on LMU so now I just have to hunker down on finding a place to live.

If any of y'all going to LMU need a roommate, hit me up lmao.

jj45

Could someone tell me when the deadline to respond/pay the deposit was for those already admitted applicants?
I haven't heard back yet and I recently called LMU to find out what was happening. I was informed that more decisions would go out once they heard back from the people they've already accepted. So I was just wondering when that would be.

marion06

Could someone tell me when the deadline to respond/pay the deposit was for those already admitted applicants?
I haven't heard back yet and I recently called LMU to find out what was happening. I was informed that more decisions would go out once they heard back from the people they've already accepted. So I was just wondering when that would be.
The deadline for already admitted applicants is April 1st.

Amanda

So excited I wanted to let everyone know ... the course schedule for Fall is now available, as well as your registration time via PROWL!

marion06

So excited I wanted to let everyone know ... the course schedule for Fall is now available, as well as your registration time via PROWL!
Awesome thank you for letting us know! My registration date is April 11th, what about you? I do hope this means we'll get financial aid information before then though.

Amanda

@marion06 Yep, April 11th at 8am.

I'm visiting LMU this weekend, and sitting down with Anna. I'm hoping to get some more info (including re: financial aid) from her then.

Also will be meeting with someone from their industry internship placement program, which I'm really eager to get more details about as well.

Hi all! After a lot of tough thinking, I am going to be accepting a spot at UCLA and forgo my spot at LMU. It's been so nice to (digitally) meet you all and especially for the solidarity from these boards getting through the waiting process. We will all be LA-ers and I'm happy to help / lend any advice about the city I can if you need. It's a smaller town than you think it is, so maybe we will still cross paths! I hope those that are going have a great time and that I'm making someone on the waitlist very happy.

Good luck with everything!

Amanda

@archbrenemy Best of luck at UCLA! I'm sure you're right about it being a smaller town ... And made even smaller by the fact we're all in the same industry. Cheers!

lchenye

Just sent the deposit days ago, deciding to attend this amazing school! Nearly at the same time got the rejection from UCLA and waitlisted by CalArts, well not too disappointed. I guess the major thing now is the housing right? And anyone got the information about the financial aid now?

marion06

Just sent the deposit days ago, deciding to attend this amazing school! Nearly at the same time got the rejection from UCLA and waitlisted by CalArts, well not too disappointed. I guess the major thing now is the housing right? And anyone got the information about the financial aid now?
I was told we would receive our financial aid packages on PROWL either sometime during April or the first week of May. So still a lot of waiting to do. Anna sent an email a few days ago to say that she will put all of us in touch with each other once she knows exactly who is attending. Since the deposit deadline was Friday, it shouldn't be too long.

TezcaJuan

Are we supposed to register already? I know it says we can today but we haven't even been assigned an advisor or gone through orientation. I feel like today's registration is for current students.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews