TezcaJuan

I just contacted Anna and she said said that we shouldn't register yet because they will contact us soon with the classes and sections we should register for.

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
Well this is torture. I still haven't gotten a notification. Last I emailed Anna about a month ago, she said the second round would be going out in early April. I emailed her again Wednesday? I think? and no response :( So frustrating.

marion06

Well this is torture. I still haven't gotten a notification. Last I emailed Anna about a month ago, she said the second round would be going out in early April. I emailed her again Wednesday? I think? and no response :( So frustrating.

I totally understand your frustration. I am in a similar situation with USC. However, try to think of it that way: if you haven't heard back from LMU, it probably means that you are on the wait list; which means you still have a chance to get in compared to the ones that got a rejection weeks ago.

So keep hanging in there, and feel free to email or call Anna again in order to get the information you need; it might pay off.

Best.

cbeach

Same here. I e-mailed the administrative coordinator for graduate programs in the film department, and she told me that they had a record number of applications this year and are still looking through them. So I'm assuming a new wave of acceptances and rejections are coming down the pipeline soon. This is the only school I'm waiting for at this point.

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
Finally some answers! I got a waitlist letter today :) I reached out to the Dean to get more information about what that really means.

marion06

Finally some answers! I got a waitlist letter today :) I reached out to the Dean to get more information about what that really means.

That's really good news!! I do wonder though why it's taken them all that time to let you know you were waitlisted. The deposit deadline was April 1st, so I would think they know by know if spots have become available...
Just keep persevering until you get the official/final answer you deserve, and hopefully we'll see each other on campus this fall!

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
That's really good news!! I do wonder though why it's taken them all that time to let you know you were waitlisted. The deposit deadline was April 1st, so I would think they know by know if spots have become available...
Just keep persevering until you get the official/final answer you deserve, and hopefully we'll see each other on campus this fall!

Well Anna had said last month that they weren't done notifying acceptances until early April, after the deposit deadline. I'm assuming it just took more time to sort through everything because of the record number. Some people were probably accepted when I got my waitlist and they're waiting to hear back from them. Definitely a confusing process, but way more straightforward than Northwestern at least! Haven't heard peep from them and they've sent out rejections and acceptances too!

Frank Lin

Do you have any changes in your MyLMU account? Mine doesn't say anything regarding even the status of the application. I still haven't heard anything from LMU either.

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
Do you have any changes in your MyLMU account? Mine doesn't say anything regarding even the status of the application. I still haven't heard anything from LMU either.
Nope, no chances before or since I've gotten the letter. It's exactly the same as it's always been. And no answer yet from Anna or the Grad office about my questions (if there's a ranking on the waitlist and what it would mean for funding.)

marion06

So, I briefly talked to Anna asking her when she was planning on putting us all in touch so we can start knowing each other and possibly look for housing together, and she replied: "I will send out contact info in early May once we finalize the class." This is also the time admitted students are supposed to hear back about financial aid. I hope this helps paint a more detailed timeline of when you will know for sure whether you've been admitted or not. I have to admit that even for an admitted student like myself, this is taking a very long time to get all the information we need, even though I have been admitted over a month and a half ago...

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
Thanks @marion06 ! It does help a bit... Anna still isn't responding to my emails. Getting pretty frustrated by that. The communication was so good earlier in the year and we struck up a bond over both being from Michigan. I'm not sure what's going on. I really wish I had some sort of idea about if there's a ranking for the waitlist or if I'm still eligible for funding and scholarships. I have a LOT going on this summer so the more I know the better because if I don't have any funding I'll need to be making different plans. And moving across the country is no small feat.

Frank Lin

@IndecisiveElle how was your letter delivered, through USPS? I'm just wondering what to look out for, because I still haven't heard any reply. This is ridiculous, it's my only school I'm waiting for, and I want to make a decision.

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
@IndecisiveElle how was your letter delivered, through USPS? I'm just wondering what to look out for, because I still haven't heard any reply. This is ridiculous, it's my only school I'm waiting for, and I want to make a decision.
Sorry I didn't see this before, but yes. I got my letter through standard USPS mail.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews