Hi @LilyMunster and welcome to the group! I know a few other people are waiting to hear back from other places as well ... In the meantime, if you wanna fill out the mini questionnaire you'll find in the second post from the top, we'd love to get to know you better!

Name: Ngai
LMU Program: Film/TV Production
Current City: Canton, China
Previous Education: B.Eng
Favorite Genre: Drama
One Movie / TV Show You Wish You Had Written/Directed/Produced/Etc: True Detective / Victoria (2015)
Person Whose Career You Most Admire: Quentin Tarantino?/ Wong Kar-wai!

Hi everyone! I am still waiting for UCLA, Chapman and had my CalArts Interview days before, but chance that I go to LMU is high. So greetings and congrats to all the maybe-friends here.

Well as an international student and have a very irrelevant academic background, I got too many questions now and basically not sure what to do or ask after receiving their non-official email. The discussion above definitely help me a lot!

The story I submitted to LMU is the same I submitted to UCLA, is basically the first complete story I ever written in my life... It's about a Jack-in-the-Fight-Club kind of guy, accidentally find a voice recorder full of a girl's memo. He listens to it and someday begins to "talk" to the girl( play-pause-say something-play...). Then he falls in love with the girl. Those recordings slowly sounds ( he listens to them in a date order) desperate. The guy believes the girl was about to commit suicide but he couldn't find her and get mental break down. In the end the girl contacts him, and the guy finds out all the "memos" is just quotes from a novelist which he actually read before.

And one of my short film I submitted --
feel free to comment and crit! :D

It's kind of awkward that it had a thumbnail of my video after I post a link......

Hey all! I don't know if any of you have checked, but MYLMU has changed for me already. Has anyone gotten gotten a letter yet? I haven't checked since Wednesday.

Welcome, @lchenye!

@TezcaJuan - Checked myLMU, and mine has changed as well. In fact, a rather worrisome notification popped up informing me that my admission was provisional at the moment ... I looked up details in the LMU Graduate Bulletin, and this is what it says,

"Students will also be required to take a specified number of graduate prerequisites. Graduate students are on a provisional status until their graduate prerequisites are successfully completed. These prerequisites are required and may not be waived."

I would really love to know what these prerequisites are, and when we're supposed to be taking them ... I'm sure that info is in the hard copy packet which, no, I have not yet received in the mail. However, I did e-mail Anna, the wonderful admissions person to see if I could get some more details regarding that from her.

After looking back through LMU's film department website, I think I just answered my own question ... Basically the prerequisite is that you need a "B" or above in all your classes your first semester.

@Amanda I got that notification when I logged in too. If I'm understanding you correctly, the prerequisite is the same thing as the faculty review of the students to determine whether or not we remain in the program?

I'm hoping we get our letters tomorrow or Saturday. I think that will clear up a lot of the vagueness and give us clear answers.

It's looking more and more like I will be attending Loyola. I didn't get into UCLA today, which I am completely okay with because I really do love the specialized TV track that LMU has to offer. I'm honestly waiting, and hoping, that USC rejects me tomorrow so that I can start purchasing some LMU gear. I know that sounds insane, but this is all so exciting.

Does anyone know if those of us still waiting have a chance? It seems hard to track any pattern with how/when all of these schools notify people

@jj45 I'm waiting to hear back from lmu, too. It's really frustrating, they really need to a better job on keeping applicants updated on the status of their applications. I tried contacting the graduate admissions, who told me that they have little to no communication with the film school in regards to application status, etc.

They just "wait" for the people at the film school to give them the varied decisions, then they(Grad admissions) "mails" out the letters. Odd since those that were accepted now were telephoned. I tried contacting the film/tv school to no avail. *sigh*

Got my admission notification by phone last week and have been waiting for the mailed official admission letter since then like most of you. I really really hope it gets here today as I need more information about admission as well as financial aid!! Do you guys think a financial aid package will be included?

@marion06 I was told by Anna, who called us last week, that financial aid information would be included in the letter. I hope it gets here today too. This is around the usual time mail is delivered in my neighborhood, but I'm not sure if it'll be delayed because of SXSW.

@TezcaJuan Dang, sorry to hear that. The mailman usually comes by at 3pm at my place and it's raining today so hoping that I still get it even if it's later than usual. I'll let you know if I do!

@TezcaJuan I think you are right ... Faculty review, combined with requirement that all first semester classes must be a B or above.

I'm so with you all regarding frustration over waiting for my packet ... I would really love all the details, financial aid info, etc. When Anna called me last week, she had said they would be sent out this week. Now it's Friday, and still haven't gotten anything. Maybe this afternoon or early next week, I guess ...

@jj45 From my understanding, LMU sent out the first batch of acceptances, and is waiting until we submit our deposits/confirm enrollment. After they count those numbers, if there are still spots open, they send out a second round of acceptances until they've reach their class capacity. So, yes, there's definitely still a chance for those still waiting!

So, I was gonna create a fb group for "LMU SFTV MFA Class of 2019" because I've noticed every previous year has their own closed group ... but to create a closed group (which I will post the link to on here), I need to have at least one friend to invite to it.

That being said ... Anybody who's for sure going to LMU wanna message me privately and I'll send you the link to my FB so we can be friends and I can create the group for everyone?

@Amanda Yeah I figured it was the same deal, that they're waiting to see who's going to accept their offer before admitting more people. So I'll wait and see! I did get into Chapman so I'm feeling quite happy about that, and Chapman was higher on my list so that's all good! But it would be good to hear from LMU soon haha

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back