Shoot that actually makes me nervous because I will hear back from AFI April 4th and not earlier, and I am still waiting to hear back from USC and Chapman. The $250 deposit means your are reserving your spot but can you still back out if need be? And I was also hoping the financial aid award would be in there, not that we would need to apply for it :/

It says the $250 is non-refundable, and yeah apparently there's a separate form on the website for departmental financial aid. I'm in a similar spot, waiting to hear from UCLA and Columbia and, according to last year's info, UCLA decisions went out in early April. Yikes.

I think you can reserve a spot and if you choose to back out, you cannot get your deposit back.

From my minimal financial aid research, I think you technically applied if you had your FAFSA sent to the school. The only other thing I found that we can apply for are scholarships from the School of Film and Television. But, don't quote me on this, might be best to check with Anna.

Huh. I haven't received my letter yet. But I'm in a similar pickle with Chapman, except they're wanting a $1000 deposit. I've been on the waitlist for UT since January, but I think I've already made my decision on where I'm going.

@TezcaJuan did you get your letter? We're in the same state, so just wondering.

From what I understand, the financial aid awards will only be available on PROWL once we submit the $250 deposit stating our intent to enroll, which is kind of annoying because most of us need to know their financial aid award to make that decision in the first place...

Sent in my deposit an hour after I got my letter ... LMU, here I come!

On a different note, @marion06, I can't imagine how annoying that would be with them holding off on the financial aid. Even with knowing that's where I'm going regardless, I was a little miffed it wasn't included in the official acceptance letter.

@TezcaJuan I sure hope so! I really want to go to LMU and I don't think the other programs I applied for would give me enough money to be able to attend since they are so much more expensive...

Hey, just want to let everyone know ... I've created a closed FB group for those attending LMU in the Class of 2019. You can search for it by name "LMU SFTV MFA Class of 2019" or here is the direct LINK.

It appears that every previous LMU class has their own group like it, for the purposes of crewing up your student projects, finding people to read and review screenplays, getting roommates/study buddies, creating class social events, rating professors and classes ... you get the picture.

Now, I am going to be a stickler on one thing: please don't join the group unless you are committed to attending LMU in the fall. I would like to see this group grow and be effective, and that can only happen if it stays true to its purpose.

Thanks everyone! I hope to see people join as they figure out their plans!

If you're like me and are STILL waiting for something from LMU. I received a tweet from the film/tv school and it said they were still reviewing applications. This waiting is painful. It's going to suck if I'm not accepted after all this drama.

If you're like me and are STILL waiting for something from LMU. I received a tweet from the film/tv school and it said they were still reviewing applications. This waiting is painful. It's going to suck if I'm not accepted after all this drama.

haha I feel your pain. I'm debating just calling them tomorrow and asking if they've made a decision on my application..

Finally got my LMU letter today. Woot woot.

Now just waiting for the Chapman letter.

Did all of you guys receive Anna's email about provisional status? I'm glad it was clarified for anyone of us that wasn't sure about what it meant but I wish she would have mentioned financial aid packages as well...

I did. I actually called her cell and scheduled a tour with her and she's allowing me to sit in a class. She's been a great help.

Anyone know anything about the financial aid packages? I've searched high and low in PROWL for some information, and I can't find a thing.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back