NYU Tisch MFA Students & Alumni

Fall 2019!

locsandcoffee

Hey 2019ers! First time poster. I discovered this website late in my application process, yet I'm grateful it exists. Has anyone attended (or plans to attend) any of the NYU events or dropped in on a class? Also, I am planning to move to NYC the week before orientation. If anyone has any leads on housing, please share. I look forward to meeting you all in the fall, assuming all goes well!

Buusey

Officially confirmed my NYU enrollment today and will be sitting in on the Thesis class on 5/7! You going to anything that was sent in Barbara's email over the next month? Anyone else?

Also, going over the list of required purchases before classes start and it looks to be at least a few thousand if you count getting a new laptop to edit as part of the budget. Anyone know when financial aid is deposited to your bank accounts if I'd like them to make the purchases?

Buusey

On another note, I've been trying to join the NYU Facebook group: NYU
It has a housing network, etc. and seems to be a decent place to look for tips/listings? However, I keep getting a "Sorry, please close the browser window" option when I try to join. Do I have to wait until I'm enrolled in an actual class? This question also applies to me trying to sign up for the Spotify student discount :)

locsandcoffee

Officially confirmed my NYU enrollment today and will be sitting in on the Thesis class on 5/7! You going to anything that was sent in Barbara's email over the next month? Anyone else?

Also, going over the list of required purchases before classes start and it looks to be at least a few thousand if you count getting a new laptop to edit as part of the budget. Anyone know when financial aid is deposited to your bank accounts if I'd like them to make the purchases?
Unfortunately I can't attend any of the events. Based in Michigan at the moment. Let us know how the class goes! I would have loved to attend the showcase. Re: financial aid, I doubt it, especially if it's for tuition.

locsandcoffee

On another note, I've been trying to join the NYU Facebook group: NYU
It has a housing network, etc. and seems to be a decent place to look for tips/listings? However, I keep getting a "Sorry, please close the browser window" option when I try to join. Do I have to wait until I'm enrolled in an actual class? This question also applies to me trying to sign up for the Spotify student discount :)
Did you use your NYU email?

Buusey

Did you use your NYU email?
Will keep everyone posted on the class info here. And yeah, used my NYU email but still getting the same message. I think they use third party software to confirm enrollment based on the current semester but not positive. If so, doesn't help with looking for housing or potential roommates as a first-year student 😕

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest Applications

Latest reviews