FilmSchool.org is now AD FREE and Member Supported!

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
I'm pleased to announce that FilmSchool.org is now AD FREE and Member Supported! The site is still completely free to use but becoming a Supporting Member unlocks new and cool features. We're going to try this out for a while as a way to pay for the costs of running the site and I believe the lack of banner ads creates a much better user experience.

Basic Membership (Free)
  • BASIC Forum Access (Create/Reply to Discussions)
  • BASIC Application Tracker Access (View/Search all Applications & Add/Edit your own Applications)
  • BASIC Student Group Access (Join Student Groups)
  • Rate & Review Film Schools
Supporting Member - Donation of $3 for one month, $6 for three months, $12 for one year, or a minimum donation of $20 for a permanent upgrade. (All donations are one time and non-recurring)
  • FULL Forum Access (Private Forum Access, Custom Member Titles, Links in Signature, Unlimited Post Editing Time)
  • FULL Application Tracker Access (View Application GPAs, Test Scores, Notes, Portfolios, etc....
  • FULL Student Group Access (Create Student Groups)
  • FORUM KEYWORD ALERT - Be instantly notified if someone posts a thread with keywords you choose such as "afi" or "usc screenwriting".
  • BLOGS - Create your own FilmSchool.org Blog
Members who registered before 7/1/19 should still be able to see the full Applications and GPAs without being a supporting member. We're going to try this out for a while and see how it goes. If it doesn't pay for the costs of running the site then we might switch back to having ads. (boo!)

I'm always looking for new features to add for Supporting Members and the benefits of Supporting Members or Regular members may change in the future. Your donation goes towards the costs of running the site. Thank you so much for your support.

I welcome all feedback and thank you! I hope that everyone is enjoying the site and finding it useful.

All donations are a one time amount and you are NOT signing up for a subscription service where you will be charged multiple times. Because that's not cool.

To upgrade your Membership to a Supporting Member go here:

Last edited:
Added shorter duration and therefore less expensive options of $2 for one month and $5 for three months. All donations are one time and non-recurring. :)

Added shorter duration and therefore less expensive options of $2 for one month and $5 for three months. All donations are one time and non-recurring. :)
PayPal fees were killing the amount the site received for those small donation amounts. Added $1 to cover the PayPal fees to the $2 and $5 amounts so the smaller amounts are now $3 and $6. Thanks for understanding.

All donations are one time and non-recurring. :) They are really helping the site so I really appreciate it.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back