FSU MFA Motion Picture Arts – Production 2020

chargers123

Supporting Member
That's how mine went too. How did your group interview go? Could you email her please? I've emailed her a lot and I don't want to annoy her lol
I'm not really sure. I think thats where I might of suffered. It was difficult being thrown into a high pressure situation like that and then having to work with complete strangers to come up with a story. Everyone was throwing out ideas and trying to "peacock" so I had a hard time contributing ideas. In the end we came up with a story but I feel that I could have spoken up more and communicated my ideas more efficiently. Its hard though because you don't want to be too quiet but you don't want to be too aggressive. How about you? No one has really talked about the group portion at all.

I just emailed her. I'll post her response when she gets back to me

Reactions: amh

rs123

Yeah that’s part of the reason why I’ve been excited about the program too! He created those films with his classmates and they seem really big on supporting each other. And I read the alumni is really supportive too
Proteomaxima
That is really soon! Kinda get nervous now:eek::oops:o_O
Have either of you heard back? I went through the forum and noticed you both have been quiet. If you don't mind, were you accepted, waitlisted, or denied? We're trying to figure out if everyone that interviewed but wasn't accepted got placed on the waitlist

amh

I'm not really sure. I think thats where I might of suffered. It was difficult being thrown into a high pressure situation like that and then having to work with complete strangers to come up with a story. Everyone was throwing out ideas and trying to "peacock" so I had a hard time contributing ideas. In the end we came up with a story but I feel that I could have spoken up more and communicated my ideas more efficiently. Its hard though because you don't want to be too quiet but you don't want to be too aggressive. How about you? No one has really talked about the group portion at all.

I just emailed her. I'll post her response when she gets back to me
The same thing happened in mine! When was your interview date? I thought the group interview was were it went wrong for me. Also our group took 18 minutes to figure out the story.

chargers123

Supporting Member
The same thing happened in mine! When was your interview date? I thought the group interview was were it went wrong for me. Also our group took 18 minutes to figure out the story.
I went on feb 29th! Did you like your interview group? We didn't keep in contact so I have no idea if any of them even got in or waitlisted. I wish I got their info to see who got in so I could kind of compare my performance to them. My group basically used the whole time to come up with the story. I'm not sure if thats bad or not

Paige didn't get back to me today, hopefully she will by Friday.

sa96

Just got information about the first year assistantships and wow, it really helps with the expenses. Between the stipend and the course credits, you only end up paying 40% of the actual tuition fee and you might even have enough to money to cover monthly rent.

Johnella18

USC - Applied
Have either of you heard back? I went through the forum and noticed you both have been quiet. If you don't mind, were you accepted, waitlisted, or denied? We're trying to figure out if everyone that interviewed but wasn't accepted got placed on the waitlist
Yeah Paige emailed me about the waitlist but I already committed to a different school!

chargers123

Supporting Member
did anyone else hear anything back about the waitlist?
So the number of ppl on the list is fluctuating because some people haven't responded to the waitlist notification as of yet, and some people are choosing to be on the waitlist and then pulling their applications. She said as of right now there are 22 ppl on the list. She also said that the people that were accepted (the original 30 candidates), have until May 1st to accept, but can still choose to withdraw their application up until August... To be honest, it sounds like a majority of the interviewees that were interviewed but not accepted in the original 30 may have been waitlisted, but not everyone is choosing to remain on it... Anyhow, whoever is going to be puled from the waitlist can expect to get a notification between May-August. If someone from the original 30 chooses to deny before May then maybe we will even hear back before. Everything is just kind of up in the air

Latest Applications

Latest reviews