Health Insurance (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Hey guys,

Didn't find any threads on this subject so I was thinking maybe we could start one on health insurance for graduate students while enrolled. This could be a directory for listing schools that offer health insurance, purchasing your own insurance, or working for companies that provide health insurance for part-timers.

So that being said, what are your plans for health insurance while pursuing your graduate degree?

Thank you!

skipper

LMU requires that all full-time students (undergrad and grad) have health insurance. You can either purchase through the program they endorse (Aetna) or show proof that you have other health coverage.

The school's insurance program is essentially "sickness and accident insurance," which basically means that you don't get any preventative medicine services, but if you're sick or involved in an accident it will be covered. It also includes a decent prescription plan as well.

robot_m

At Columbia, you're automatically enrolled in student health insurance as a part of you tuition. I've only had minor health issues so far (sinus infections, etc.) but the student health insurance is pretty easy/fast/awesome.

Aladdin

Originally posted by notroberttowne:
The general grad school health insurance plan is "try not to get sick." No health insurance.

Lol that's both hilarious and sad at the same time. I'm sure that's how most people roll :p

I was thinking of working part-time at Starbucks or something since it would help pay the bills and provide health insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Info Man

Good thread. My agents in PA can do health insurance in most states. Also, with recent legislation you should be able to piggy back your folks policy until your close to 60 years old (actually I think its about 29 yrs is the cut off). That would be a good place to start. If you do need to get your own insurance i would be happy to refer anyone to my guy...just ask. Otherwise, look into the recent health care legislation as there are some loopholes

solojones

The new law only lets you stay on your parents' plan until you're 26. Most people graduate grad film school after they've already turned 26. Just something to keep in mind.

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
Colella612
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications