Hello and offering help! (1 Viewer)

Vonnegut

Hi everyone,

I'm a MFA graduate of a top USA film school and have worked in the film school admissions process for five years while there. I have been offering consultations for people on their applications, short scripts and feature projects. So feel free to reach out and I can share more information on my background - I've won awards at major film festivals globally and have extensive script consulting and teaching experience.

Best wishes and nice to join the film school community!

Vonnegut

Last edited:

Vonnegut

Hi everyone,

An update for those who are currently in the midsts of their Film School applications --- I am still offering my services.

I'm a MFA graduate of a top USA film school and have worked in the film school admissions process for five years while there. I have been offering consultations for people on their applications, short scripts and feature projects. So feel free to reach out and I can share more information on my background - I've won awards at major film festivals globally and have extensive script consulting and teaching experience.

Vonnegut

AK006

Hi everyone,

An update for those who are currently in the midsts of their Film School applications --- I am still offering my services.

Vonnegut

Hello Vonnegut,

As I am gearing to apply for schools in 2021. My question is how are the employment opportunities after graduate schools?

To cut it short, my goal is to work in a full-time job in an advertising production house or other media production companies such as BBC & National geographic etc to name a few. I am equally interested in working in documentaries projects or TV commercial projects but as full-time employment. I am not intending to directly jump into fiction space and work on a movie sets at least for a time after the school.

Though I am not sure, how things really work out in terms of employment opportunities post-school and as being an international student I also want to know what is the scenario of overall full-time jobs in the media industry for film student (perspective) such as me in terms of staying back and eventually working towards getting a PR.

My second interest is also in photojournalism- which I often explore as my part-time interest, to cut it short I love storytelling through motions as well as images. Although I am not sure, what I will end up pursuing in my career eventually; Hence I am not willing to overbudget myself and target very premium schools such as USC or Columbia. I am more intending to apply to schools in UK such as LFS. I am not sure how you will be helpful to tell me about UK market or their school's

I wish I could somehow explore both documentary photography and film together, but I will be applying for Graduate and it does not have a minor option.

Note: I am aware that the whole scenario of employment is adversely affected due to Covid-19, but my question is generic regardless of the situation we are in.

Please share your thoughts on these.
Thanks in advance

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications