Help with graduate application and USC id code!

its_me_mari

Supporter+
Hey guys, how are you all doing?
Hope everyone is safe during corona times.

I'm applying for the first this year for MFA in Screenwriting and, as an international student and first-time applier, I have some doubts about the whole process.
Mainly my two big concerns are:

1- Should recommendation letters be signed? (like physically and then scanned?)

2- USC asks to mail them transcripts using and the USC ID, right? The problem with the ID is that I'll only receive that after finishing my application.
I've read a few things here and it seems that it's not the same ID code on the top right corner of the application app.
So, I have to mail the transcripts after I finish everything? It is like the last step?
What happens if I finish my application on November 15th (the deadline) and only mail the transcripts after that. Is that alright?
(I'm asking this because I'll be applying to Chapman as well and they say on their website that they have some days after the deadline so that the documents can arrive, but I couldn't find anything about this on the USC website)

Thank you so much!

I’m not sure about whether or not they allow documents to be submitted after the deadline, but when you submit your application you get a new ID number that you use on the form you need to be submitted/attached with your transcripts, so you do need to submit the application before you turn in transcripts.

Oh shoot, I didn't even realize that. I emailed my transcripts first before submitting my application, and used the number in the top right corner of the application on the transcript cover page. I hope that doesn't disqualify me T^T

Oh shoot, I didn't even realize that. I emailed my transcripts first before submitting my application, and used the number in the top right corner of the application on the transcript cover page. I hope that doesn't disqualify me T^T
Probably not, since they said on the website that the cover page is not mandatory. It only helps them finding everything faster. So you just mailed them with the cover page and them the transcripts right after? I'm a little scared to do it that way since as an international student, I have to mail all the transcripts and the translations as well so I'm afraid it might look confusing.

@marianass45 I'm also an international student, but what I did was I sent the cover page to my university with special instructions to include it with the documents. I don't know if they actually did it though. Never received confirmation about that from them, all they did was send me a notification that the documents were dispatched. I guess in your case try to email your university the cover page and ask how to have them attach it with the envelope so it's all together?

I'm somewhat late to the game. I went to USC undergrad and applying for MFA screenwriting, and I had my transcripts electronically ordered to the email (etrans@usc.edu) that they provided.

Per Parchment (the online transcript service), the orders are still processing. My question: does anyone know if the transcripts will electronically arrive on time?

Also, I assume this is the case, but is it OK if we simply send electronic transcripts as long as they're done through the Parchment portal?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back