Help with Statement of Purpose (UCLA Screenwriting Professional Program)

lillyloon

Hello,

I have been working on my statement of purpose for the UCLA Screenwriting Professional Program and would love whatever feedback could be offered. It is supposed to be a page long. I will also be applying for an MFA in screenwriting + filmmaking this fall, and will be using this letter as a base to continue into something longer.

I am new to this website...should I post a copy of the SOP here, or possibly share with others through private message? What might be the best way to go about this?

Thank you so much, community! I hope that you all are staying safe and healthy.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1