Hey! Wanna make a friend?

Tüvana

Hello! I'm Tuvana, I'm Turkish and I study cinema in Istanbul. I registered this site to find friends from all over the world who share the same interest with me. Also I'm looking for projects to volunteer and workshops to attend which are free or cheap. I dream about working with foreign people in several film projects. I don't have much money to study abroad but if i can find an oppurtunity I'm ready!
P.S.: Tell me if you know anything about European film schools.

Projects:
Tell me what you think!

Hi Tuvana,

I really enjoyed Lost In Istanbul! I didn't know much about the city before and it feels like a poetic, intimate portrait. Great job. I just found out that German public universities are free of charge :) so you might try looking into places like Film Academy Baden-Württemberg and University of Television and Film Munich. Only thing is you need to learn the language but these are good schools.

What's the film industry/cinema in Turkey like?

Tüvana

Hi Tuvana,

I really enjoyed Lost In Istanbul! I didn't know much about the city before and it feels like a poetic, intimate portrait. Great job. I just found out that German public universities are free of charge :) so you might try looking into places like Film Academy Baden-Württemberg and University of Television and Film Munich. Only thing is you need to learn the language but these are good schools.

What's the film industry/cinema in Turkey like?

Hi!

I'm very glad you liked our short film! Film industry in Turkey is more national than international. Our films more likely to appeal to Turkish people, our culture and our sense of humour. Also the films that make money are usually based on comedy which only Turkish people can understand easily. They are usually cheezy. But we also have really good drama films. I guess many people in Turkey really like crying :D I can recommend you a few Turkish films but I don't know if you can find them with subtitles. Look for "Cagan Irmak" most of his films are really good. Also take a look at "Nuri Bilge Ceylan", he got a Cannes award a few years ago.

Tell me about yourself and your cinema!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews