How do I find Applications in Database with Portfolios attached? (1 Viewer)

jackyD

I signed up to be a member and searched the forum but could not find a single application sample from anyone who got in to Columbia. If you could provide any links I know a lot of us would greatly appreciate it 🙏

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
You can filter applications by whether they have portfolios attached to their application on the site.

The filter is on the left side of the screen on desktop:

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.48.40 PM.png

To access filter on mobile use funnel icon:

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.44.19 AM.png

It is possible that some people check this option with their application without including it with their application. If this is the case please let me know so I can fi it. I have edited the wording of the option to hopefully lessen confusion.

Here are the applications with a portfolio attached for Columbia:

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...f[__config][portfolioattached][match_type]=OR

Last edited:

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Ok I redid the portfolio field to be the exact type of portfolio attached... whether it be a personal statement, writing sample, short film, visual submission etc...

I also redid the wording and instructions so hopefully people no longer check these if they don't actually attach the items with the application on this site.

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications