How to add your application to the Film School application tracker

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
FilmSchool.org has a database of over 2,000 applications with acceptance data going back to 2015. The database has notification dates, GPA data, test scores, portfolios, and notes from members on how the process went. Add your application to the database to help other applicants so we can learn more about the application process.

MOST OF WHAT YOU POST IN YOUR APPLICATION IS HIDDEN FROM THE GENERAL WEB AND ONLY VISIBLE TO SITE MEMBERS. Any files you attach will also ONLY be accessible to site members. NOT Google.

The more applications in the database the more data we'll be able to learn from. The notification dates, GPAs, test scores, country, past film experience, and notes on the process have been extremely helpful to our members.

Add your applications here:

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 3.54.57 PM.png

An example of how to add your application is here:

Be sure to choose the correct status prefix and update the application during the application process with prefix status changes, dates, and more info. The more info, test scores, and notes you can add the better. Remember it is hidden to non site members. When you do make an update be sure to select "Post as update" when saving the new info.

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 3.55.29 PM.png

An example of an extremely detailed application in the database is this one:

The notes section there was utilized extremely well and has been very helpful to others.

The more data we have the better. Currently we're at 2,101 applications total. Keep them coming. Please let me know if you have any questions on how to add your application.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Already 103 applications in the MFA 2020 tracker. :) Good luck everyone. Definitely on track to crush last year.

We're also on track to beat last year's total in the BA tracker.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous