Introductions HS senior looking for film school advice. GA state, UT Austin, FSU

RyanH

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm a high school senior who is located in Woodstock, GA ( half an hour from ATL) and I'm looking for help with college. It's a long story, but I botched my chances of going OOS as a freshman because I didn't put college on my priority list until, well basically now. I going to make this simple.

College choices: Georgia State (accepted, transfer or graduate), Kennesaw State (accepted, transfer) North Texas U (will be accepted, transfer), Florida State U (plan to transfer after 1 yr from GSU or KSU ) Texas at Austin (plan to transfer after 1 year, from UNT).

Film/ Video Experience: Focused on production. A lot of commercial shooting i.e Real Estate, Products, Interviews. A lot of live productions, I was the director of my high school's jumbo-tron for our football games and worked in SOME theater.
Fair amount of narrative work in high school video class.

Career aspirations: Franky I'm not completely sure but I could see myself free-lancing, DP-ing, documentary work (I have a strong interest in the humanities and social sciences), and live productions like concerts or sports.
To be honest I don't have my heart set on working on movies like I'm sure many of you do, but I know I want to be behind a camera and tell a story.
Thank you all so much for any help or advice you can give me.

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications