1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

I want to transfer into UCLA for my film undergrad. What classes should I take after I finish my GE?

Discussion in 'Undergraduate Film School Discussions' started by TheBestUsername, Dec 2, 2017.

  1. TheBestUsername

    TheBestUsername New Member

    Aug 9, 2017
    College noob here. I feel like this is such a basic question, yet for some reason I'm having a really hard time figuring it out.

    The Assist website shows the classes that transfer to UCLA for most other majors, but for Film it's blank. My understanding is that you don't actually start film classes until your Junior year at UCLA, and that you can't (and likely wouldn't want to) do those courses elsewhere, hence why nothing transfers for that major. But I still need credits after my general ed to meet the minimum credit requirements to be eligible for a transfer.

    So at this point should I just be taking classes that I like/know will transfer to UCLA? Or is there another list, similar to the general ed/IGETC list, that I should be following?

Share This Page