If you get an interview email from the school you applied, can you choose the date for the interview?

lucychoi97

Supporter
Hi guys. So I'm playing the waiting game here and also am practicing some interview questions on my own. I was wondering as I wrote in the title, do I get the chance to choose which dates I'm comfortable for the interview if I get to do the interview? Does anyone know the answer to this?

WriterK90

Supporter+
The process varies from each school for sure but from my past experience I had two interviews and i was sent a limited time slot to choose from so i did get to choose, but it's likely within the same week or couple of days.

llueve

Supporter
Hi guys. So I'm playing the waiting game here and also am practicing some interview questions on my own. I was wondering as I wrote in the title, do I get the chance to choose which dates I'm comfortable for the interview if I get to do the interview? Does anyone know the answer to this?
In my case, the one school that has asked to interview me so far said, 'we'd like to interview you on this specific date at this specific time, are you available?'
If my work had not approved that time and date for me, I would have proposed an alternative to them, but I was able to accept their proposed date and time, so can't be sure how flexible the school would be.

in my case, the proposed interview date was 2.5 weeks from the date they emailed, so plenty of advance notice.

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous

Latest Accepted Applications