• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

Indie Film Festival Recommendations?

nycactor7467

Supporter
Hey everyone,

What are the indie festivals you would recommend? I'm not talking about the big names or Academy qualifying festivals. Just what are some festivals that are fun and well-produced for filmmakers just starting out?

Bonus points for festivals in NYC/Philly area.

llueve

Supporter
If you like making genre films, I've really enjoyed Brooklyn Horror Film Festival, both as a shorts filmmaker and as an attendee. It's a young festival, but the offerings have gotten better and better over the 3 years I've attended and, IMO, are strong. If your film shows, the organizers are lovely, as are most of the filmmakers, and, as far as I can tell, they present a broad range, from all kinds of horror (psychological, supernatural, slasher, B-movie, horror comedy and parody etc) to films that lean more towards suspense, science fiction, fantasy, and experimental.
So that's my rec.

nycactor7467

Supporter
If you like making genre films, I've really enjoyed Brooklyn Horror Film Festival, both as a shorts filmmaker and as an attendee. It's a young festival, but the offerings have gotten better and better over the 3 years I've attended and, IMO, are strong. If your film shows, the organizers are lovely, as are most of the filmmakers, and, as far as I can tell, they present a broad range, from all kinds of horror (psychological, supernatural, slasher, B-movie, horror comedy and parody etc) to films that lean more towards suspense, science fiction, fantasy, and experimental.
So that's my rec.
Awesome, thank you!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews