Interviews - Acceptances - Rejections - Waitlists 2013

Hey again ! I've just been accepted to AFI fin Producing ! I now need to choose between UCLA (producing as well) and AFI... Tough choice but I feel gifted to actually have to choose between those two. Do you guys have an opinion ?

update~

Hi everyone, here is my update...apply for the 2014 Fall production/directing MFA program
USC: waitlist, interviewed at Feb 15th
UCLA: rejected at March 7th
UTA: rejected at Feb 7th
BU: rejected at March 12th
SCAD: interviewed at Nov 1st
FSU: rejected at March 13th

I'm an international students. And I did another interview in Beijing for USC last week, which is specific for Chinese students. I think there's nothing to do with the admission decision.

Cross my fingers for everyone.

OK another update!
USC waitlisted
UCLA interview in two weeks
AFI interview complete
SCAD accepted
FSU interviw complete

this waiting is killing me...

Cool! I am also applying to SCAD! I still haven't heard anything from them...Did you get any news about funding with your acceptance?

Hey guys , I got accepted into USC AFI and calarts ... Plz help me choose I want to do both dop and direct. And which one is the most expensive?

Hey guys , I got accepted into USC AFI and calarts ... Plz help me choose I want to do both dop and direct. And which one is the most expensive?

congrats on your acceptance!! each school is really really different so it is gonna depend on what you want to do. if you want a more welrounded education that will help you learn alll aspects of production... go to USC. if you know you wanna be a director and thats it... go to AFI. i don;t know alot about cal arts but from what i saw it seemed they have a slightly less stuctured program... but i don;t know. AFI and USC are very very different programs.... so it should make that decision a little easier.

Hey There!

Has anyone heard from FSU's production program? I looked at the threads from last year, and it seems that people were notified in early April about being accepted (but interviews lasted until late March that year). Any word would be helpful. Thanks!!!!

finally heard back from all my screenwriting MFA applications:​
Texas - rejected​
FSU - accepted​
UCLA - accepted​
NYU - accepted this morning!​
I always thought it was a shot in the dark to get into ANY of them and now I actually have to make a big decision. Help would be appreciated :S​

Hey There!

Has anyone heard from FSU's production program? I looked at the threads from last year, and it seems that people were notified in early April about being accepted (but interviews lasted until late March that year). Any word would be helpful. Thanks!!!!

I got the rejection from FSU on 03/14.

What did you get accepted at AFI for? If it's cinematography, they have a brilliant program and your being taught by the president of the ASC! You can't beat that, but they are very specific in DP's learning specific discipline classes for that craft. USC is an overall film school education. I would say go to AFI but I just love AFI so I'm probably a bit bias.

Directing
AFI - Interviewed
Columbia University - Interviewed
Producing
AFI - Interviewed.

Just got accepted to Carnegie Mellon University's MEIM Program (Masters of Entertainment Management) w/ great Merit Scholarship!!!! I'm just waiting to hear back from Chapman! :D

I've applied to film directing sans CalArts (film/video program). As we stand:

NYU - Accepted
CalArts - Accepted
UCLA - Rejected
Columbia - N/A (safe to assume a rejection at this point)

First time posting after reading these forums on an almost daily basis:

CalArts FDP: Accepted
Columbia: Interviewed
NYU Tisch: Crickets

I think my brain might explode before Columbia has a chance to make their announcements. Anyone else here accepted to the FDP program at CalArts?

First time posting after reading these forums on an almost daily basis:

CalArts FDP: Accepted
Columbia: Interviewed
NYU Tisch: Crickets

I think my brain might explode before Columbia has a chance to make their announcements. Anyone else here accepted to the FDP program at CalArts?

Hey! Here's my update-

USC-Accepted (Film Production)
CalArts- Accepted (FDP)
Columbia- Interviewed

Any idea when Columbia lets folks know?

Hey! Here's my update-

USC-Accepted (Film Production)
CalArts- Accepted (FDP)
Columbia- Interviewed

Any idea when Columbia lets folks know?

They told me early April. Here's where I'm at:

UCLA (screenwriting)- Rejected
AFI (screenwriting)- Waitlisted
NYU (dramatic writing)- Accepted
Columbia (screenwriting/directing)-Interviewed
Northwestern- zilch.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back