Is CalArts a good school to learn Filmmaking?

Sopheeeyah

Hello,

I am new here and for starters, I want you all to know that I am so excited to be on this platform.

I surfed the internet for the best film schools and saw that CalArts is ranked in the top 10. I decided to check out their website and asides having a wide range of catchy programs they offer, they have quite a number of alumni that have birthed some blockbusters in Hollywood but, they are majorly animated films.

I believe it is a very good school but could it be that it is the best option for those who want to focus on directing animated films only?

I imagine so. I toured their school where they showed a live action short that was pretty good. I think it all depends on what kind of films you want to make, and what you are looking to get out of school.

They appeared to me like the school in Never Look Away where they are just all about art and honesty. They seem to be less restrictive than others, and their students seem to have more freedom. I think that's awesome but may not best prepare you for the real world. I guess it's kinda like what you want to get out of it.

Tim Burton came from there, and so did James Mangold who directed one of my favorite superhero movies to date. Actually they both directed some pretty great superhero movies. So they have proven alumni.

eddielemus

I’m not from us, but I want to study there. I’m been looking for film school but I have no decided yet where to apply. Did you had found any other school to apply to?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews