1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

LA Film School -need advice

Discussion in 'Undergraduate Film School Discussions' started by LilyMunster, Mar 31, 2017.

1. LilyMunster

LilyMunster Member

Ratings:
    +39
    What's the deal with this school? Is it legit? Do grads actually go into work in the industry? I noticed it's a for-profit school & that raises red flags for me. I applied to the bs screenwriting program. Can someone tell me about it? I went to yelp & it had many negative reviews but some positives too. So if anyone has any personal experience with the school, bad or good, I would like to hear.

2. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Active Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +340
    I can't say anything about it beyond that I have worked with people who have gone there on set. I've worked with many people who went to for-profit trade schools, many who went to no school, and many who have their undergrad in something other than film. I know you've been frustrated by how to get your foot in the door and I think with the passion I've seen from you on here, it could be a good option for you because you'll make the best of the program - that's really all any program amounts to in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shilowww

shilowww New Member

Ratings:
    +0