eggparanoia

Congrats to all the incoming AFI and USC MFA students for Fall '17!

It seems like there is a large number of us looking for housing for August in the following areas of Central/East L.A.:
-- Hollywood, Little Armenia
-- Los Feliz, Silverlake, Echo Park
-- Atwater Village, Eagle Rock, Highland Park
-- Central LA, Koreatown
-- Chinatown, Downtown

In an effort to make that happen -- and maybe finally get some cross-pollination between the two schools! -- starting June 1 I will have a Google Docs chart available for anyone looking for a compatible roommate.

The chart will include categories like when you plan to move to L.A., how much you want to spend, max number of roommates, if you smoke, have pets, prefer a gender/sexual orientation, desired age bracket, level of quiet, level of cleanliness, etc. It will be free and accessible to anyone who wants to view and/or add their info.

The idea is that the sooner you find your roommates, you can split the cost of an expensive service like Westside Rentals and search together, or find the place you want on your own and get in touch with compatible roommates from the chart.

If you are interested in seeing and/or sharing your info for this chart, please get in touch with me, and I will share the link.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Ephi

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• University of North Texas
    3.00 star(s)
    You Get What You Put In
    Started the program off with an intro film professor who had no desire to help me learn. A lot of classes you need to get through before you can...
    • Anonymous
  • School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) - Film, Video, New Media, and Animation
    5.00 star(s)
    Studying film at SAIC can be a challenging choice.
    Pros 1. amazing facilities and equipment. (it's a private art school-they are rich) a.Red Scarlet and Steadicam for several higher-level classes...
    • Anonymous
  • New York Film Academy (NYFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Online Courses, Lame Admin
    I have an MFA in TV production that I haven't used in 30 years. I took the one-week film making course to morph from TV jargon to film and update...
    • Anonymous
  • Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
    4.00 star(s)
    RISD BFA in Film
    RISD's film major (called Film / Animation / Video) is split into three tracks: Animation, Live-Action (narrative and documentary), and Open Media...
    • Anonymous
  • Chapman University - Dodge College MFA in Film Production (Cinematography)
    3.00 star(s)
    Disappointing
    I studied in the MFA cine program for one year and deferred due to the corona virus, but decided not to return to the program, mainly due to...
    • CineEye

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications