LMU Fall 2012 - MFA application deadlines?

Getting into grad school is a waiting process. Please don't loose your your patience. I am confident they are taking their time reviewing every application with a fine tooth comb, so that the very best candidates will be selected.

Jaybird14

@DailynDominic - I was looking at the "Graduate Bulletin" (The most recent one) and it says that Graduate decisions for the School of Film and Television will be mailed on March 15. Is that accurate? Or somewhere close to accurate?

Also, more generally, have you all been receiving emails from the financial aid office prompting you to fill out supplemental forms via Prowl?
I'm hoping this means there is some movement with admissions and we may know our decisions soon. This may not be true at all but I really want it to be.

alract

@Jaybird14 did you check your status? I just checked mine and I'm waitlisted. But yeah, had to fill out those same financial Aid forms this week.

Jaybird14

@alract - I was so excited when I saw this and checked immediately, but alas, nothing to report.
Let me know if you get anything in the mail sometime soon. Until then, I will be checking my application status far too often...

Nowon

Originally posted by alract:
@Jaybird14 did you check your status? I just checked mine and I'm waitlisted. But yeah, had to fill out those same financial Aid forms this week.
Got my admit today but will be declining my spot. Hopefully this means good news headed your way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

alract

@Nowon congrats on UCLA and USC! Choosing between the two is an AWESOME problem to have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with LMU, thanks!

@Jaybird14 any news? I got my waitlist notification via snail mail today.

Well I don't know if I have Nowon to thank but after having completely given up on LMU - figuring I would NEVER get in - I had the immense pleasure of receiving an acceptance email just three days ago!
This really blew me away!
I'm accepted for the MFA Production (Film & TV).
SO excited! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

4ms4

Hey - Congrats to all new SFTV grads!

Message me your Facebook email and I'll add you to the LMU Grad Society Facebook - has 100 current grads as members.

See you in the Fall!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse