LMU Film and Television Production-Fall 2020 Official Thread

Johnella18

USC - Applied
I'm thinking about starting in-person, but I haven't made my final desition. Because of the restrictions and protocols, maybe it's not going to be possible to work as close as a "regular" semester (thank you for pointing that out about the masks).
Honestly I just want to be in L.A. and not my rural little hometown. That was the biggest factor for me. Even if they change their mind and wind up going online I'd still rather be in L.A. But also I just can't justify paying all that money and doing everything online. I have to see my professors face-to-face and ask all my annoying questions that way 😅

cityboy4

Honestly I just want to be in L.A. and not my rural little hometown. That was the biggest factor for me. Even if they change their mind and wind up going online I'd still rather be in L.A. But also I just can't justify paying all that money and doing everything online. I have to see my professors face-to-face and ask all my annoying questions that way 😅
Same here, lol. I want to meet all my professors and classmates in-person. I was looking forward to being in L.A., But if we are going to be having a lot of mandatory protocols (for safety), then probably that it's not going to be possible. :( I want to make a good desition.

sarahkwUT

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
AFI
Chapman
LMU
USC
Oh thank you for the clarity!

How did you get an advising appointment? They just sent me an email like "here, these the classes you need to register for . . . now go register for em" and that was that. The phone call from the professor was really brief as he just wanted to know which I preferred. I'd love an advising appointment lol. Are you in the production or one of the writing tracks?

Thank you for your help!
I'm in the Writing and Producing for TV program. We got an email (LMU email account) about them swapping our production class for the spec class we would take in the spring as production needs to be in person. We were instructed to sign up for an advising appointment and she asked during that if I wanted remote or in person and told me she would clear me for remote and send me my new schedule soon.

sarahkwUT

Contributor
FilmSchool.org Writer
AFI
Chapman
LMU
USC
Same here, lol. I want to meet all my professors and classmates in-person. I was looking forward to being in L.A., But if we are going to be having a lot of mandatory protocols (for safety), then probably that it's not going to be possible. :( I want to make a good desition.
I'm dying to be in LA and meet everyone, but with all the logistics and safety protocols... A few more months to let all of this sort itself out feels like the best idea for me!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1